Those %^&*$ Communication Errors!

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Those %^&*$ Communication Errors!

Post by Joe Jones »

We all know that the PlasmaCam controller box SCREAMS RF noise! It also uses the old parallel cable to communicate with the PC. This formula is RIPE for communication errors.

AXXON makes a PCIe card (and an older style PCI card) specifically to address this issue.

It is their LF1119KB PCIe card.

You can order this card as a "KIT" which includes a heavily shielded parallel cable either 10 FEET or 15 FEET in length.

The "kit" is $200.00 and that includes shipping. The card alone is $180.00, but they strongly advise getting their parallel cable as well, to avoid the communication errors of the cheaper cables. Some cheaper parallel cables may be missing a wire, or have inferior shielding which will cause communication errors.

You should check to see if your computer can accept a PCIe card before you order.

The card generates its own 5vdc signal. I have heard nothing but good things about this card, with regards to solving PlasmaCam communication issues.

I will order two or three of these to have on hand, when I go on training road trips. If I really can get it to work DEPENDABLY with a 15-foot parallel cable, I will be in metal art Heaven!

Joe

http://axxon.io/lf1119kb/

LF1119KB_A.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Those %^&*$ Communication Errors!

Post by rdj357 »

I've stocked and sold these for a couple years now along with their 15' double shielded cable. Works great. I haven't had a communication problem in years.
Joe Jones

Re: Those %^&*$ Communication Errors!

Post by Joe Jones »

Good to know.

Joe

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”