Single Axis Zero (x Axis)

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Single Axis Zero (x Axis)

Post by Joe Jones »

adbuch wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:03 am
Realstevesmith2 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:24 pm wasn't able to make it to my shop today but will try again tomorrow.
Steve - did Joe ever make it to your shop, and if so was he able to help you? If not, did you reach another resolution to solve your problem?
David
No. Not yet. I would love to run down there though, to help create this accessory that would automatically find the edge of the beam, and cut four holes the correct distance from the edges of the beam, regardless of the beam's position or orientation on the conveyor, or whether it was bowed + or - X, or S-shaped. This would even cut the holes correctly on a straight beam that was placed onto the conveyor rollers so that the centerline of the beam is not precisely parallel to the center line of the rails.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Actually, in order for this to work correctly, you would need to UNCHECK Raise and Lower Between Cuts. Otherwise the torch would raise to rapid travel height between holes and unlock the torch glide and lower the edge finder between each hole.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

djreiswig wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:11 pm You might want to look at Linux. It's the new, open source program a lot of people are going to. I think it's probably as flexible as Mach, or probably more flexible since it's open source. There are a lot of guys here that have built tables using it. If you are switching your hardware, you might as well check it out.
I agree. I run Mach3 currently, my new linux system is running on the bench and waiting to be installed, with the fiddling I have done with it I'd say that its the only route I would recomend. Mach3 is no longer supported, Linux plasmac is free and much better. And the support forum is helpful and friendly, no worries about "seats" and all the Communist control that plasmacam exerts over their customers.
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”