Plasma torch dives after about an inch

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Stuartmhill13
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasma torch dives after about an inch

Post by Stuartmhill13 »

We have a torchmate plasma table aside from that I can't seem to find any model number or other idetiying features. The problem I'm having is that when we start a program on said table my torch will cut about an inch perfectly then it seems to dive and knock the torch free I havent been able to find anything online about what could make it do this and I'm running out of patience with the thing anyone have any ideas what would cause this?
I will say I tried some programs we cut quite regularly with holes it does fine but as soon as it goes to a straight cut bam the problem is back
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasma torch dives after about an inch

Post by robertspark »

try set the voltage setpoint lower, set it at 90v and see what it does, it should rise
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Have you tried turning off your thc?
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I am guessing that this table may be new to you or you are a new operator in charge of using it. If that is the case we should simplify things to start.

It sounds like when your auto torch height control takes control of your Z axis shortly after the XY motion begins its driving the torch into the plate. Raising your arc voltage should resolve that however what I suggest first is turn the auto torch height control (THC) off and become familiar with cutting parts without it.

Once you feel very comfortable with that we can introduce that THC system and work the bugs out of it.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”