Torchmate 4800 jamming

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Dsilverarc33
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Torchmate 4800 jamming

Post by Dsilverarc33 »

Having an issue with the table losing its spot, only seems to do it when it accelerates to the next cut. I do regular service on the rails although it doesn't seem like like it lets Grease through like it should on the gantry to the rails. it acts like if I had something physicly blocking the gantry and it throws the datum off. wont let me post a picture
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate 4800 jamming

Post by adbuch »

As a contributing member you should be able to post photos. Click on Attachments, Add files, file name, select, and finally Place inline.

As far as your table goes, with power off I would suggest slowly moving the carriage and gantry thru their range of motion to check for any binding or rough movement. Can you narrow it down to either the x or y directions as far as loosing position. Assuming your table has stepper motors you could be losing steps due to binding or having your acceleration rate set too high for your particular table. You might consider attaching a sharpie pen holder to your torch and drawing your designs (instead of cutting) while you are attempting to trouble shoot your system.

David

upload file.jpg
1964 Cobra FIA.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate 4800 jamming

Post by weldguy »

Try reducing your rapid traverse speed. I am guessing your machine uses stepper motors and it sounds like your motors are losing steps trying to accelerate too quickly. The faster a stepper motor turns the more power they lose. Maybe once you confirm your gantry is lubricated, square to the table, and not binding anywhere through out it entire 4x8 cutting area you can increase your traverse speed again.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”