2 Star Elite Contributing Member

4x4 troubles

Post by oldironrep »

4x4 Growth table
Torchmate version 4.0.61
Cad cam V9 Revision 1
Hypertherm 65 - machine torch. AVHC

I was doing cleaning maintenance on the table. I took the torch and mount off to check the bearings on the gantry. Everything looked OK. Put the torch bracket back on, and decided to adjust the magnets while I was at it because they seemed not as tight as they used to be.

Now when I try cut a file, the torch rapids to the cut, drops down, finds the cut height, goes up and stops. If I hit start again the torch just cycles up and down.

This only happens only when the software is connected to the table. If the software in not connected it runs on the screen. The problem happens if the torch is live or not. I'm guessing it has noting to do with the software or plasma cutter since it happens when the torch is disabled or not and the software runs when disconnected from the table.

I can email a video. I can't figure out how to upload a video to here.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: 4x4 troubles

Post by WyoGreen »

My first thought is you probably disconnected some wiring to do your maintenance work, and maybe it didn't get re-installed, or not plugged back in good.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
oldironrep

Post by oldironrep »

WyoGreen wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 am My first thought is you probably disconnected some wiring to do your maintenance work, and maybe it didn't get re-installed, or not plugged back in good.

Steve
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't disconnect any wires. Maybe twisted something?
oldironrep

Post by oldironrep »

Torchmate got back to me and told me to change the setting for the breakaway switch to unused and see what happens. When I did that it worked. Then I turned the screw for the switch out a little more and now it works with the switch enabled. Who would have thought, if the torch moved I figured the switch way fine.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”