Cut inch counter or arc on timer.

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Andrewbcdueck
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Cut inch counter or arc on timer.

Post by Andrewbcdueck »

Hello, I am running TM3 CNC software and the latest version of Torchmate CAD does anyone know how I can find cut inches or arc on time on these software?
Kitch940
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Cut inch counter or arc on timer.

Post by Kitch940 »

Hello. Torchmate driver software version 3 does not have a way to show cut inches. I am running version 4.5 now but have ran 1, 2, and 3 prior to upgrading. To get close to cut inches you take the total cut time of the part which is displayed and multiply by your feed rate to get close. So if you part takes 8 minutes to cut and you are running at 150imp your looking at approximately 1200 cut inches. Keep in mind this doesn't account for your rapid movements between cuts but its close enough for figuring out pricing your work in my opinion. I don't believe you are able to calculate arc on time either unfortunately. I recently purchased version 4.5 software from flashcut and I am able now to count pierces with the software. I am not positive if I can create a counter for arc on time or not but that may be a possibility. Torchmate CAD doesn't have these features either to my knowledge but if someone knows something I don't please share!

-Dan
TM1 4x8 running V4.5 with CAD8
6 cylinder puller
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by 6 cylinder puller »

So it does have a pierce counter in 4.0 it has to be setup in the counter section of the setup of the cam part. from what i ve seen no inch counter i was looking for that feature also
Kitch940
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Kitch940 »

4.0 will have a counter for pierces but nothing as far as inches from what I know

Return to “Torchmate Forum”