Torchmate TM3 Blue AVHC randomly won't retract

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Andrewbcdueck
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Torchmate TM3 Blue AVHC randomly won't retract

Post by Andrewbcdueck »

Hey I have an older TM3 with the blue screen avhc, and I am having problems with my torch not retracting or turning off after a cut, it stays on and low and goes to the next cut effectively destroying my workpiece! Very frustrating, I am leaning over the AVHC and every time it completes a cut I am ready to shut the torch off manually, very time consuming and annoying. I had it set up in my Dad's wooden barn all last summer and it never did this, and now I moved it to my metal shop, and it started soon after I moved the table. It does not do it all the time just randomly and often enough that I need to be there to watch . It definitely seems like EMI. Because it works flawlessly when I leave my plasma OFF, as soon as I turn on my plasma it starts doing that again. Also at low amps like 30 + 40 amps it does it half as often as at 60-80 amps, I have grounded out my table with a rod about 3 feet from the table, is that close enough, or what do any of you suggest I try.

Here is an amateur video of how I grounded my table
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YjVEWnKnAYk1527V7
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate TM3 Blue AVHC randomly won't retract

Post by weldguy »

Have you tried it without all the grounding wires? Sometimes you can create strange ground loops that create new issues and in 99% of installations with modern plasma cutters additional grounding is not required. This is assuming the grounds on your wall outlets have no faults and your plugs that plug into the wall haven't had the 3rd prong or ground lug broken off the plug.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”