Torchmate CNC Table

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
MrCharter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torchmate CNC Table

Post by MrCharter »

I purchased a Torchmate CNC Table that is approx. 5 yrs old. The problem I'm having is that 1 stepper motor moves in the opposite direction as the other motor. I've switched them and checked the axis connections but still get the same results. Any thoughts? Motor going bad?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate CNC Table

Post by weldguy »

Could certainly be a motor going bad or is could just be that its wired backwards. Try swapping the two motors to the opposite sides and see if the problem remains the same or if the problem moves to the other side.
MrCharter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MrCharter »

Unfortunately, I did swap the motors and the problem persists. Is Torchmate the only one that carries these motors?
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

If you swapped the motors and the problem remained on the same side than its the wiring or the motor driver.

If you swapped motors and the problem moved to the other side than it would be the motor.
Kitch940
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Kitch940 »

In the driver software (depending what setup you have) you can change what direction you want motors to run. Or perhaps someone has wired a drive card to run in reverse polarity if it was used as a slave stepper before step and direction wires may be reversed.

-Dan

Return to “Torchmate Forum”