Please help Tourchmate accumove2 problem

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Matthewsta
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Please help Tourchmate accumove2 problem

Post by Matthewsta »

Hello Everyone, I am ot new to machining and cnc but am new to accumove and am having some issues hoping some one has experienced the same problems and might be able to help..
I have a tourchmate 4'x4' growth series and a accumove2 controller being ran by Visual machine designer. ok this machine had almost no hours on it when i got it i have been cutting for maybe 40 hrs total logged on the machine but yest in the mif=ddle of running a program the table will just stop and i can not control anything from visual machine. if i reboot the controller it reconnects automatically and i re datum the machine and all is good i can run the line test 1 or 5 or 9 times and have no problems but i can also run it a cpl times and it happens again seems to be no rhyme or reason to it just dropping com. I have tried and set up a new computer I have tried new Ethernet cables , i have made sure all my ball screws and no slop in table....any thoughts? i have called tech support they just said send it in and cant give an est on turn around time and I am way behind on orders i have been down for two days>.... Thank you very much!!
lancekuyk
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Please help Tourchmate accumove2 problem

Post by lancekuyk »

I read somewhere in my setup manuals that a regular ethernet cable could not be substituted for the red cable that is supplied. You may try the original cable that came with the machine.
Torchmate TM2
Hypertherm 1000 w/duramax upgrade
" Just for fun and to make a little extra money!"
idajoe
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by idajoe »

Make sure all virus and such programs are disabled.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Hi Matt,
It is also a good idea to disconnect your computer from the internet while running control software for a cnc machine. If fact, the best thing is to have a dedicated control computer used solely for running your cnc - with Windows updates, firewall, etc. disabled. You don't want to have any circumstance where another program could interrupt your control program while it is running.
David

Return to “Torchmate Forum”