Aspire and TorchMate Post-processor

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
TrellBuilt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Aspire and TorchMate Post-processor

Post by TrellBuilt »

I have looked everywhere for a post-processor to run our TorchMate with ATHC and could not find one so I made one and thought I would share it with others.

It seems to work well in the testing and plan on making a tool library with the steel thickest to control the offset and the speed. So instead of a router bit, I can call up the steel thickest, set to cut outside or inside, add the lead-ins and use this post-processor to output a machine file in .gm.
This post-processor should work with Vcarve and 2D cut. Let me know if you have any issues with the file
TorchMate_inch.zip

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

icmpeko

Re: Aspire and TorchMate Post-processor

Post by icmpeko »

Hmmm, I'll try it. What type of toolpath should I use in Vcarve Pro? Profile (I suppose) -cut ON the line? 🤔
TrellBuilt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TrellBuilt »

We set every tool as a thickness of steel and adjusted the tool diameter to make the offset needed.
If you have an inside circle then we cut on the inside of the line and test a few circles to get the correct hole size for the thickness of metal. We run production of plates with bolts holes in them.
If you are running art work or something that doesn’t mater about the size then cut on the line would be the easiest but you can’t use a lead in or lead out it you do.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

icmpeko wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:58 am Hmmm, I'll try it. What type of toolpath should I use in Vcarve Pro? Profile (I suppose) -cut ON the line? 🤔
You could use the "Quick Engrave" tool path which will put the torch/cutter "on path" (no right or left offset). This would be for artwork such as that shown below in the example.
David
Vectric 1.jpg

Vectric 2.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Here is some information you may find useful with regard to using Vectric software for cnc plasma cutting.
David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn-9ws7OnJk&t=1s
Vectric 3.jpg

Return to “Torchmate Forum”