Trouble Exporting .DXF File

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Dsilverarc33
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Trouble Exporting .DXF File

Post by Dsilverarc33 »

Having trouble exporting.DXF files from cad/cam v9. it gives a line, spline.dxf option but using any of these options loading the .DXF file to any of the cad programs I have will not recognize it? Not sure why there isn't just a plain export as .DXF? Am I missing something? Thank You!!!
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Trouble Exporting .DXF File

Post by weldguy »

Please reply and attach one of the problem dxf files so we can see if we also have difficulty opening it.
levinc3
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by levinc3 »

I don't if this helps, but when I export a torchmate file into pronest it acts like it has no layers. When I import before i add the file into my selected files, there is a tab asking for cad import setting, I have to remove scribe checkbox and one of the cut checkboxes to leave only one checkbox selected for a layer. It's good enough i can get the file in. If it shows up with no layers mapped, you can use a similar cad import setting. I don't know what programs you are using, but maybe there is an import toggle before or during import.

I get these errors with torchmate files, and downloaded files.

On another note be careful, my pronest shows no extra lines, but occasionally a file will have an invisible cut added. My table runs with edge connect phoenix which will show no extra lines but cut it anyways.
I try to make sure my files are simplified and connected well, and super clean. I do a test to make sure no invisibles.

cheers, Lev
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

levinc3 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:53 pm I don't if this helps, but when I export a torchmate file into pronest it acts like it has no layers. When I import before i add the file into my selected files, there is a tab asking for cad import setting, I have to remove scribe checkbox and one of the cut checkboxes to leave only one checkbox selected for a layer. It's good enough i can get the file in. If it shows up with no layers mapped, you can use a similar cad import setting. I don't know what programs you are using, but maybe there is an import toggle before or during import.

I get these errors with torchmate files, and downloaded files.

On another note be careful, my pronest shows no extra lines, but occasionally a file will have an invisible cut added. My table runs with edge connect phoenix which will show no extra lines but cut it anyways.
I try to make sure my files are simplified and connected well, and super clean. I do a test to make sure no invisibles.

cheers, Lev
Lev - thanks for the advise! I don't use Torchmate, but it sounds like you have great experience with it and are succeeding well.
David

Return to “Torchmate Forum”