Torchmate 3 getting sloppy any upgrade ideas

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Torchmate 3 getting sloppy any upgrade ideas

Post by Fabkid33 »

I have a torchmate 3 5x10 table and i upgraded the stepper motors and switched it all 2 flashcut software . I bought the table used and it had very little use but after a couple years in my shop its starting to get sloppy the x axis is starting to make wavy cuts and starting to leave deep lead in and out marks from the slop issues and just not as accurate as it was before would I be better off upgraded the table I have or should I just buy or build something else i have a full welding and fabrication shop but dont have a mill or lathe yet ?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate 3 getting sloppy any upgrade ideas

Post by adbuch »

I would recommend checking your belts/gears/pulleys/bearings for slop. Much easier to replace a few parts than to buy an entire new table.
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate 3 getting sloppy any upgrade ideas

Post by weldguy »

I am with David. I believe your best option is clean everything up really well, during the cleaning points of maintenance will be obvious and you can start with that.
I am sure a lot of the bearings have adjustment in them which will allow you to tighten it up. Keeping the rails clean after use with a scotchbrite pad and compressed air will go a long way to keeping your machine tight and operating well.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”