Micro stepper drive board

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
WyldeFarms
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Micro stepper drive board

Post by WyldeFarms »

Long shot but Anyone happen to have a micro stepper drive board for an older Torchmate growth series signal generator laying around? Flashcut no longer makes them I've found and I'd be better off buying a complete new machine than retrofitting for over 6 grand! Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Micro stepper drive board

Post by robertspark »

photo?

is it someone else's board? like a gecko? or PMDX?

https://www.geckodrive.com/products
https://www.pmdx.com/ProductList
WyldeFarms
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by WyldeFarms »

[media][/media]

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by N2 Welding »

There are places that can repair circuit boards. I don’t know of any off hand though but I’m sure others here do.

That board has MAKO printed right on it in the last bottom pic just under the green hand written 2-5

I circled the MAKO in blue as well as what might be a different manufacture WPI Inc. ? / part number and pertinent info like 5a 256uSTEP Drive

WyldeFarms
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by WyldeFarms »

Yes sir in my research it looks like these are obsolete and apparently nobody left in the English speaking world has one left. Was hoping for an inexpensive replacement or anyone with a scrapped out table and wants to sell the control box.
N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by N2 Welding »

I’d try to find a circuit repair facility. Some of those guys are very good. Thinking those guys that repair graphics cards or motherboards etc would or should be able to get this thing back into working condition.

Looks like two of those icu’s have some staining on them. Wondering if that is heat related or moisture related. If heat related then perhaps look into the cooling and improve upon the coolin. Then if liquid obviously remedy that so it don’t happen again.

I know it might seem like I am stating the obvious but one never knows what another knows when it comes to these things :)
WyldeFarms
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by WyldeFarms »

It was in a non temp controlled environment in the south. Temps have ranged from the 20's to the high 70's over the past month. I'm sure there was some moisture. Thanks for your input.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”