Langmuir Systems CrossFire or CrossFire Pro

Don't see your manufacturer? Post here and if we get enough action on that manufacturer we will add a forum
adbuch

Langmuir Systems CrossFire or CrossFire Pro

Post by adbuch » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:13 pm

These look interesting. Does anyone on this forum own one? If so - what are your thoughts and impressions of your machine.
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/

David

ctgolfer1
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Langmuir Systems CrossFire or CrossFire Pro

Post by ctgolfer1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 am

I have been running one since April or so. Great machine. I love it. Very much fun to have around, there is a learning curve but even this old guy was able to get it. For a inexpensive machine it is very well built.

A lot of good information on Langmuir forum, bunch of folks willing to help.

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am

Did you get the Crossfire or the Pro model? I have a customer who bought the earlier version with no Z motor when they first came out. He had to try to learn how to use Fusion 360. I think he likes it. Did you get the ready to cut art disc files with your machine?
Thanks,
David

ctgolfer1

Post by ctgolfer1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 am

adbuch wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am
Did you get the Crossfire or the Pro model? I have a customer who bought the earlier version with no Z motor when they first came out. He had to try to learn how to use Fusion 360. I think he likes it. Did you get the ready to cut art disc files with your machine?
Thanks,
David
I have the crossfire with the xl option installed. The Pro is not out yet, just pre-sold for January. There is no Z axis option from Langmuir out yet, it will be out in January or April for those of us that want to add it to our crossfire machines.
I do not have room in my shop for the Pro.
Z axis is a great feature but it is not required to do some good work with the Crossfire. I did have to learn Fusion 360 and I can run it pretty good now, just took some quiet time to concentrate on it to learn it. The Langmuir videos are good for learning it.
There are likely to be hundreds of used Crossfire machines on the market when the pro starts to ship. I am sure some great deals will be out there, it may be the way to go if you want to wait a few months. New is nice to have though.

I don't know what "ready to cut art disc files" you are referring to. There are thousands of cutable files on this forum you can download and cut for free. Langmuir has some files on their site as well for free.

Return to “Various Manufacturers”

Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm plasma cutters.