Can I afford a beveling cutting head? 5 axis?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Can I afford a beveling cutting head? 5 axis?

Post by djreiswig »

:mrgreen:
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

weldersandblaster wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:26 am
djreiswig wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:17 am This smart guy is closer to you. I think about 400 miles. Maybe you can visit his shop.
https://www.plasmaspider.com/memberlist ... le&u=12881
I was wrong. Tom is not the guy I was thinking of. I guess I will have to message him and introduce myself.
Thanks again.
Tom is great with the diy stuff as well. He has built around 10 cnc plasma tables from scratch and really knows his stuff.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

djreiswig wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:17 am This smart guy is closer to you. I think about 400 miles. Maybe you can visit his shop.
https://www.plasmaspider.com/memberlist ... le&u=12881
:Like :Like :Like
weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by weldersandblaster »

adbuch wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:01 am Chris - how are you coming with your Fusion 360? Did your new Crossfire arrive yet? Inquiring minds want to know.
David
Hi David
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqkBBs6 ... _u&index=3
Lingmuirs tutorial shows the X Y feature with X on the right, Y on the top giving us a front view.
Langmuirs x y .JPG
And then in my F360 I also have Y at the top, and X at the right, but it gives me a top view.
Chris x y .JPG
I didn't notice this subtle difference and went ahead, building their bottle opener as they showed.

5 lessons later when my drawing did not behave the same as their drawing, and I began digging in real deep to find the flaw, I realized it traced all the way back to the first lesson and first drawing.

Did F360 do some updates and change things that much? Or is this some anomaly? I'm curious as to your opinion.

I have that non compete agreement ready. I'll mail it to you tomorrow.

Chris

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Chris - this is how my Fusion 360 looks. I don't think it would matter what you call it - top or front, as long as the z axis is perpendicular to the top surface of the part you are cutting, machining, etc. Langmuir had their setting different for their video. You can change it so that either Z is top or Z is front.
David
z front.jpg
z front 1.jpg
z front 2.jpg

Last edited by adbuch on Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

OMG, that's it. My default setting was Z is up, and that's why when I selected x y plane, our little boxes never showed the same face. Then as we went along in the tutorial, I would spin my face to match his face and build away. Then later, my drawing always stopped matching his drawing at some point. And I had this problem in Arnold Rountrees videos also. It was so frustrating.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, David.

You are my hero. I have spent hours and hours fighting that dilemma and had no idea where I was going wrong.

thank you, thank you, thank you,

PS: Now that my monitor is large enough to have two windows open simultaneously and see them both, studying is fun again. That was, until my face stopped matching his face, and my drawing stopped behaving like his drawing.

Yeah, my frustrations are melting away.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Plasma-art
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Plasma-art »

With the cam side of fusion you can also mix up the X and Y direction with the stock selection.
So you have a part drawn up in the correct coordination but it's easy to accidentally mirror the actual cam side of it giving a mirrored result.
Took me a while to figure out for my MPCNC with router.
It just takes a bit of time and learning to get accustomed to the software but that's with everything CNC related :HaHa
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

weldersandblaster wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 pm

I have that non compete agreement ready. I'll mail it to you tomorrow.

Chris
Chris - the address listed at my website is not my current mailing address. I will pm you with the correct address.
Thanks,
David
weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

adbuch wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:27 pm
weldersandblaster wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 pm I have that non compete agreement ready. I'll mail it to you tomorrow.

Chris
Chris - the address listed at my website is not my current mailing address. I will pm you with the correct address.
Thanks,
David
Hi David. I had a lawyer draw up the non compete agreement, as I will need it several more times in the near future. So I just got it emailed to you, to the email on your website.

When you return it to me, I will give you private access to video showing the purpose and value of the sharks tooth. The video will show it in action and the new abilities I have created.
It is rather impressive. To my surprise AND DELIGHT, :Yay it delivers all the value I hoped it would. I have no disappointments with it. Now I face the challenge to find the lowest cost of manufacturing this new system.
I look forward to your feedback after you watch the video of this new system in action.
Chris
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Hey Chris! I sent you the signed NDA quite a while ago. Still haven't seen your demo video. How are you coming with your project and learning Fusion 360?
David
weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

adbuch wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:47 am Hey Chris! I sent you the signed NDA quite a while ago. Still haven't seen your demo video. How are you coming with your project and learning Fusion 360?
David
Hi David
Great to hear from you.
On Jan 3rd I sent you a email to Desert Hybrids Precision <desert.hybrids@cox.net> and it contained a link to a private youtube video that was not made available to the public. That link allowed you to see the first video I made.

I left that video on youtube for a couple of weeks. I did not hear any response from you, and I just assumed that video bored you to death and was not your cup of tea. I was grateful for the help you gave me and didn't want to bother you if the video bored you to death, so I just left it alone.

Now I am assuming you didn't get that email with the link to the video?

I have since taken that video down and that one is no longer available. Our first anything build, is very poor compared to our 15th one. I never considered my self a expert at shooting or editing video, and realized I needed to study that subject to become more proficient at it.

So in I jumped. Now two months later, I own four 4k video cameras, all kinds of new supporting gear, a new plethora of microphones and I purchased a top end video editing program, Sony Vegas pro 20. I began studying how to shoot interesting videos for the purpose of marketing, so I wouldn't bore anyone else like I did you. :Sad

I have made a couple more videos, and they are getting much better, although I have not uploaded them to youtube yet as they need a lot more editing. I seemed cursed, I just can't do everything at once. What a bummer.

I have paused learning F360 in exchange for learning videography and youtube successful promotion techniques. After I am better at making fun interesting videos to watch and I have the promotion side of things reasonably solid, I must come back to the manufacturing side of things and finish mastering it.

Which is more important, making them or promoting them? I believe they are equally important because remove any 1 of them out of the equation, and I have failure.

However, making the sharks teeth has not been able to leave my mind. Thru extensive testing of the shark's tooth, I am now suspecting the radius curve may not be so important, but I can achieve the same result with a gradual straight line slope increase. I am building a set of them in the next 10 days hopefully for testing.

Initially, I believed Stainless Steel would be harder and more durable than mild steel. And I was correct. However, I now believe Hardox would be even harder and more durable than Stainless. Yesterday I bought a 5/16 sheet of Hardox for testing. I am interested in seeing how that works.

So far I have been working on this reply to you for two days. This morning I decided to re-upload the video for you. And I decided to show you exactly how the sharks tooth fits into the bigger picture of things. But from this point forward, I can't discuss it on this public forum.

So I will email you a private link to the private video again. Let me know if you got it in your email Desert Hybrids Precision <desert.hybrids@cox.net>

Great to hear from you.
Chris
weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Hi David.
I just emailed you two emails. The one from Dec 3rd and one from today. Did you get them?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

weldersandblaster wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:45 pm Hi David.
I just emailed you two emails. The one from Dec 3rd and one from today. Did you get them?
Hi Chris,
I did receive the most recent emails you just sent, but have not had a chance to open them yet. I also did receive an email from you a few months ago, but I don't think there was a video attached. I'll take a look at your posts and emails later this evening when I get some time.

Thanks,
David
weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

The videos are not attached to the emails. They are a link in the email taking you to the video in your browser on YouTube.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

weldersandblaster wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:38 pm The videos are not attached to the emails. They are a link in the email taking you to the video in your browser on YouTube.
Chris - the link did not work. I said it was private and not available.
David
weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

adbuch wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:40 am
weldersandblaster wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:38 pm The videos are not attached to the emails. They are a link in the email taking you to the video in your browser on YouTube.
Chris - the link did not work. I said it was private and not available.
David
Hi David.
I think I solved the problem. I just emailed you the solution.
Chris
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Still a no-go. It still says it's private. I do have a google account and I am logged in.
David
weldersandblaster
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

adbuch wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:27 pm Still a no-go. It still says it's private. I do have a google account and I am logged in.
David
Hi David
Sorry for the run around.

Google is having a computer bug problem and won't let me invite people to a private video at the moment. Since I don't know when this will be resolved, I changed the videos from private to unlisted so no one can see them except people with a link to it, which is you. I just emailed you new links.
chris
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

weldersandblaster wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:23 pm
adbuch wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:27 pm Still a no-go. It still says it's private. I do have a google account and I am logged in.
David
Hi David
Sorry for the run around.

Google is having a computer bug problem and won't let me invite people to a private video at the moment. Since I don't know when this will be resolved, I changed the videos from private to unlisted so no one can see them except people with a link to it, which is you. I just emailed you new links.
chris

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”