Having issues with the new table...couple of new guy ??'s

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
tdalechick
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Having issues with the new table...couple of new guy ??'s

Post by tdalechick »

I have had the same problems with my burn table....Good Luck with the tech support!!!! My torch keeps going crazy and not going down and touching the metal and coming back up and firing..... Sat on the phone all day Friday afternoon and had no results at the end of it except now my fan must've burned up in my box so now have to take it in to get it replaced after a year...and only cutting on the weekends.... It's hard if you do this as a side business on the weekends and need the tech support they say they offer 24/7.... Because no one answers on the weekends!!!!
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

shiner2001 wrote:
GPM870 wrote:Shiner2001 when or if you figure it out let me know. I have been fighting with my table for a year and a half with the same results. I have even modified my drawings so there weren't any long cuts, I break them up into shorter sections. Yes, it is hell on consumables from a lot of extra pierces but at least I don't have to rewind the G code that far when I have to recut a section. If I do a sign or something with some detail I can usually get about 3 minutes on the Mach time counter before I have to rewind and recut. I have contacted different companies about getting different controls and scrapping what I have... no one wants to touch it. Best of luck to you.
Gerry
I don't know what exactly made my table start working other than finding the sweet spot on the THC knob. It's cutting really nicely right now, and I have new consumables on order, so it should get a little better once those come in.
Quite the opposite now, actually...I changed consumables and it's worse than ever. I can't for the life of me get even a remotely good or even complete cut.

Bottom line, I'm fed up with BurnTables crappy THC.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
CandCNC BladeRunner EtherCut Mark IV
HT PM 45
thefabguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by thefabguy »

Hi guys;

I just saw this thread and thought Id "chime" in. I have a 48 x 96 Burntable with a Hypotherm 45. In my opinion the torch height control knob is a huge part of cutting success. Its really really small adjustments too...Makes a huge difference. The adjustments don't happen instantly too, give the machine a few seconds of cutting after you make the adjustment to see if it needs more. Also, the closer to the material while cutting, the better. I'm no expert by any means, but Ive had my machine for a little under one year, and it really takes practice and talking to others who have had similar experiences. Keep at it....you'll get it..I too wanted to blow up my machine when I first got it....Now I use it to make semi production runs. qty's of 10-300. Once you get to that point, you will be looking at ways of decreasing the Z axis movements, and speeding up the Z axis. That's a whole other animal, but it can be done...I do it regularly.
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

I tried "fine adjustments" for six hours after a consumable change and couldn't find anywhere "the knob" was happy. It'd be impossible for me to move that damn thing in any smaller increments. If it's that picky and takes that amount of time to even make a cut, it's not worth it. If I spend the vast majority of my time just trying to make the machine work, that's unacceptable. They advertise the "Easiest to use THC on the market." Rubbish. Every hole in the sheet below is an attempt to cut a 12" line. Most times the torch wouldn't even move, just pierce a hole and stop. Unacceptable when there are so many other, better options for THC on the market.
IMG_1473.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
thefabguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by thefabguy »

Wow....Im sorry. The next time the machine pierces and stops, try pushing and hold down the number 5 key on your keyboard. Sounds like a controller issue...right after I got my machine, it did the same thing. I had Kyle on the phone while it did this, and he told me about the 5 key. It started cutting immediately. I had to send it back to Burntables, and they fixed it. I got it back in 2 days. Its been okay since....
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

Thanks for the heads up on the 5 key, that's the first I've heard of that, despite numerous phone calls and even more emails with the guys at BT. I'd give it a shot, but I just got done disconnecting everything because I'm taking it to them in person in the morning.

What exactly do you mean when you say controller issue? Something specific with the control box? Also, what was done to rectify the situation so you didn't have to press 5 every time? Is that what they fixed when you sent it in?
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
thefabguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by thefabguy »

Kyle didn't tell me what the problem with the controller was, just that it wasn't getting the signal to move after it pierced. Yes I had to press and hold the 5 key everytime. I was totally disappointed because right after setting it up, I had to ship the controller back to him...The only good thing was that it took just 2 days to get it back. I totally understand your frustration. I have a good friend with a different brand machine, and it too has had issues at times....I think once its fixed, you'll be fine.
Coffinscreekcustoms
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Coffinscreekcustoms »

In sheet cam set your pierce height and cut height and turn off the THC in burntables screen and just cut figure all that other crap out later I have been cutting with my table for 2 years now like that!!! Just cut and in joy cutting otherwise ur just beating ur self up!!
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

Coffinscreekcustoms wrote:In sheet cam set your pierce height and cut height and turn off the THC in burntables screen and just cut figure all that other crap out later I have been cutting with my table for 2 years now like that!!! Just cut and in joy cutting otherwise ur just beating ur self up!!
On my list of acceptable solutions, that one is pretty much at the end. Luckily I spent the morning at the BurnTables factory and got everything straightened out for the time being. Haven't had a chance to hook everything back up at home yet, but I'll spend a lot of time today working on it all and making sure I'm running as good at home as I did at BT. Fingers crossed.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
dustywill
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dustywill »

Shiner,
What did you learn about your problem?
Byron
Precision Plasma 4x8 v-rail
C&CNC dragon cut 620
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Auburn, AL
www.facebook.com/decorativemetalworks
thefabguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by thefabguy »

dustywill wrote:Shiner,
What did you learn about your problem?
Byron
I think maybe he's busy making parts....LOL
GPM870
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by GPM870 »

I've had nothing but problems with my THC on the Burntable. I talked to Kyle and asked him if it were possible to remove "The Knob" and install a different "Knob" with a finer adjustment so I can fine tune the height more easily. The quick answer I got was "sure, but it will void all the warranty". I'm very very close to hoping the magic blue smoke escapes from the controller so I can find something better. Problem is no one wants to touch it once I mention Burntables.
thefabguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by thefabguy »

Wow....sorry you are having so much trouble. My Burntable works pretty well. Last weekend I even tried cutting 1/4 6061 alum for the first time, and it did pretty good. All I can say, is that adjusting the THC knob is must done in really small amounts, and you have to wait a few seconds to see the results before another adjustment is made.
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

I'm going to start a new thread about this topic (for all tables) soon, but has anyone else noticed the ridiculously anemic acceleration and force numbers for a BurnTables unit? In Mach 3, 4 inches/s/s and .0103 G. And I've been told that changing these settings will negate the "customer tech support for life" that I paid for in the cost of the table.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Metriccar »

4 inches s^2?

If you change that setting you will negate customer tech support for life?

I'm starting to feel for the people who bought a BurnTable if that's the case.

If I bought one, and this is the kind of stuff I was going through, I'd be considering dumping the warranty and rebuilding the table as I saw fit or sell the table and move on.

I don't see why you would want to go lower than 20 inches s^2. Of course if you're cutting round stuff or just circles it wouldn't matter so much. Otherwise you're going to have a ton of dross.

Can you even change that setting? How would they know? What happens, the table starts vibrating?
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

Metriccar wrote:4 inches s^2?

If you change that setting you will negate customer tech support for life?

I'm starting to feel for the people who bought a BurnTable if that's the case.

If I bought one, and this is the kind of stuff I was going through, I'd be considering dumping the warranty and rebuilding the table as I saw fit or sell the table and move on.

I don't see why you would want to go lower than 20 inches s^2. Of course if you're cutting round stuff or just circles it wouldn't matter so much. Otherwise you're going to have a ton of dross.

Can you even change that setting? How would they know? What happens, the table starts vibrating?
What happens is that I get a piece that looks like I cut it by hand, left handed. It's terrible. The motors used on their tables are SEVERELY underpowered. Couple that with a crappy THC and you get...ta da...a crappy CNC experience.

I'm a business owner. I stand behind my products. If a customer is not happy, I do whatever it takes to fix the situation...except that doesn't happen, because I produce a product that exceeds anything else available. BT obviously makes a sub-par product, so we'll see what they are willing to do to make a customer happy. Ball is in their court, and once this is settled, we'll see how happy I am.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
tdalechick
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tdalechick »

Have you guys had trouble with the table torch bouncing around when you turn the control box on and the mach 3??? I have been having this issue and after a few times it stops... Finally got one piece cut out today and go to do the second and it keeps stopping now before it even goes down to touch the table. And of course the free tech support doesn't work on weekends!!! Any help to get this issue stopped would help me!!!!
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

tdalechick wrote:Have you guys had trouble with the table torch bouncing around when you turn the control box on and the mach 3??? I have been having this issue and after a few times it stops... Finally got one piece cut out today and go to do the second and it keeps stopping now before it even goes down to touch the table. And of course the free tech support doesn't work on weekends!!! Any help to get this issue stopped would help me!!!!
Based on your description, I don't think that's a problem that I've had with my table so far.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”