Machitech table

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
dansrs
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Machitech table

Post by dansrs »

New to forums of any sort, but wanting some info on Machitech plasma tables. Been in the auto body, fabricating and machining business for nearly 30 years. Just got into CNC plasma about three years ago an own a 4x4 torchmate, looking to upgrade to a bigger table. There are so many out there, I want to get as much info before I spend a considerable amount on this next table.Understand you get what you pay for in this world for the most part, but not going to spend more than $45K on this table. Want it to be the last one I will ever need. Looking at getting a 5 x 10 table. Any and all input appreciated.
Thanks
Enfib
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Machitech table

Post by Enfib »

just order a machitech. its not here yet but i done alotta research and its to me eeeasily the best bag for your buck...though im getting all hypertherm software, and although i am getting a 150k unit...they are not a 2 bit company by no means like some that iv come across. we spend 12 year with a torchmate2. id have to be 100% braindead to ever want anything to do with one again. just saying...steer clear of torchmate if possible. assistance it utterly shit.

did you go with machitech?
dansrs
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by dansrs »

Thanks for the feedback, actually went and looked at one a month ago and was impressed. I have a torchmate now and have not had too much trouble, except for when it was first new we had issues with a few things. This table I have now is a water table, messy and thinking of going with a down draft.
Any thoughts? Thanks
Enfib
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Enfib »

im all downdraft. wudnt have it any other way. though iv never operated with one, a few guys around here have water tables and its messy cutting...doesn't even take all the smoke away. to me it for heavy cutting like one inch and over. there is always some form of rust on your parts, its definitely messy. for small shops id go downdraft anytime. its a little more expensive to go downdraft, ducting and fan, and you need a lil more room....but it was a no brainer for me...been with downdraft 14 years now and i dont want the best part of a water table..but different folks different strokes.

myn is supposed to be coming last week of october ill post some pics...and keep u posted
dansrs
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by dansrs »

thats what i'm leaning towards, tired of the mess.
thanks again for your input
Enfib
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Enfib »

i will say this....in winter if you dont have a good heating system in you shop...it draws air out..and it will chill out if youll be running a few hours straight unless u have a vent to draw air nearby...just saying.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

If you run a makeup air pipe directly to your table from outside you can save most of the heat in your shop, this lets you use cold outside air to keep the fumes flowing adequately without pulling all the heat from your shop.

Downdrafts advantages over a water table are: 1. Better cut quality in the form of less dross and smoother cut edges without water. 2. Less water splash on the critical moving parts of your machine. 3. Lower humidity in your shop (high humidity can affect the amount of moisture in your compressed air....which will affect consumable life and cut quality). 4. Ohmic contact material surface sensing works best with a downdraft.

Water tables advantage: 1.lower cost (no fans, ducting, etc.) 2. on some parts the water can help minimize warpage or camber (camber is when long thin parts move sideways while cutting).

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Enfib wrote:i will say this....in winter if you dont have a good heating system in you shop...it draws air out..and it will chill out if youll be running a few hours straight unless u have a vent to draw air nearby...just saying.
Jimmy707v
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Jimmy707v »

A friend of mine were talking last week about a cold air return. When I get mine I am going to try it
Enfib
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Enfib »

what are you getting?

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”