UNICH CNC Plasma Cutter LXP-1530 Arc Start Delay

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
ccsanchezg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

UNICH CNC Plasma Cutter LXP-1530 Arc Start Delay

Post by ccsanchezg »

Hello Everyone

Plasma Power Source: Huayuan LGK-160A
Controller: Starfire CNC
THC: HYDTHC XPTHC-4H

I'm having issues with a newly assembled Chinese CNC system I bought earlier this year. I was wondering if anyone has had any previous experience with this machine (LXP-1530). The machine starts and follows the programmed path normally, but the torch does not start to cut when it is supposed to. Most of the time it starts after the torch has already travelled along the path.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-16 at 18.34.01.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-16 at 18.33.54.jpeg
I have tried to modify the arc delay settings to no effect. I was wondering if someone has had this same problem before and has solved it. Thank you in advance

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: UNICH CNC Plasma Cutter LXP-1530 Arc Start Delay

Post by tcaudle »

Sounds like something in the arc detection (Arc OK) side isw not working. It should delay motion until it receives the ARC OK from the plasma or from its arc detection circuit. Delay the arc won't help it just makes it worse . It is starting to move as soon as it gets the torch fire signal . You have to have some form of ARC OK (aka "transfer"/"OK to move" ) that detects when there is an actual arc and its piercing/cutting metal The THC should have a way to detect ARC OK and it should have a PAUSE signal wired back to the controller (hopefully the controoler has a Pause or HOLD input)
brunnbauer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by brunnbauer »

Hello, I have the same problem what do you already have a solution?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

My way of looking at it is a G-code/post processor problem, when doing a cut operation when the torch fires is a line in the G-code. a cut operation starts by positioning the torch at the location of the cut, sets the torch to the pierce height and fires the torch, there may be a delay for the plasma to cut through the metal then drop the torch to the cut height and start moving to complete the cut.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”