EZCut help needed

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
tdmiller12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

EZCut help needed

Post by tdmiller12 »

I recently picked up a EZcut cnc machine from an auction. It looks like EZCut is no longer in business. This machine was build in 2011, and has a Multicam controller. I was told everything worked except the computer. I was able to get the computer working, but get the following error: Could not find a Neti that can connect to MultiCam V-204-P (2416) Port 29. Any idea what this means? Google was not much help, except for telling me what local stores sell Neti pots.

Anyone know if the EZCut software is available to try an new installation?

Thanks!
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: EZCut help needed

Post by WyoGreen »

To me it sounds like some sort of network error, perhaps the computer network card can't talk to the plasma controller?

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
tdmiller12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tdmiller12 »

Thanks. I was able to get past Neti error. It seems like they are communicating (computer and controller). On my Job Console the Virtual Keypad is not showing up. I can't seem to find how to turn it back on. Any hints?
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

tdmiller12 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:38 pm Thanks. I was able to get past Neti error. It seems like they are communicating (computer and controller). On my Job Console the Virtual Keypad is not showing up. I can't seem to find how to turn it back on. Any hints?
What operating system? Windows 10?
tdmiller12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tdmiller12 »

Windows 7. This is an older machine, I think it was manufactured in 2011.
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

tdmiller12 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:22 pm Windows 7. This is an older machine, I think it was manufactured in 2011.
Choose Start-Control Panel -Ease of Access -Ease of Access Center and then Click the Start On-Screen Keyboard button and it should appear :Like
tdmiller12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tdmiller12 »

Thanks! I will give it a try.
tdmiller12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tdmiller12 »

I have made some progress on this machine. I was able to get a copy of the software for a clean installation. Connection manager says that everything is okay, but on Job Console I keep receiving an error message of "Failed to acquire controller capability bits". Any suggestions on what might be causing this error? Thanks.
gallowayr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by gallowayr »

Tdmiller,

Have you gotten all of your issue fixed?
tdmiller12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tdmiller12 »

No, I still am getting the "Failed to acquire controller capability bits" message. Tried several things, and just can't seem to get past that error.
aplusfences
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by aplusfences »

Is there a private company that services EZCUT cnc plasma tables, maybe one of their technicians is available for hire ? I to have a an EZCUT cnc table which currently is working as it should, although I am sure I will need some type of support in the future i.e. parts or software. How expensive is it to convert my machine to a different control software?
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

As with most controllers the software and controller have to work together. As far as I know that controller only works with their software . You may want to investigate a retrofit to a new controller and software . Pick someone that has been around for a while (more than 5 years) and that has support and spare parts for older units. You should be able to replace that system including software for around 3000.00 or less. Multicam has been around for a long time but their market was primarily high end commercial routers

Welcome to the world of Orphan tables.
mallardmfg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mallardmfg »

tdmiller12 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 am I have made some progress on this machine. I was able to get a copy of the software for a clean installation. Connection manager says that everything is okay, but on Job Console I keep receiving an error message of "Failed to acquire controller capability bits". Any suggestions on what might be causing this error? Thanks.
Could you share where you received a copy. We did a similar thing as you did and are trying to get the machine to run as well.
low_hydrogen
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by low_hydrogen »

link I was sent to download the software in 2014 seems to still work
LawJp
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LawJp »

I need the EZ cut software to work on this machine. Does anyone still have the EZCut software?

Thanks!
claudio
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by claudio »

try machi tech in Canada, they are really good at helping out .

https://machitech.com/

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”