Wright CNC table... Cant get torch to fire.

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Pcustomsteel19
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Wright CNC table... Cant get torch to fire.

Post by Pcustomsteel19 »

Any help is appreciated.

I have a 1st Gen Wright CNC 4x8 table. Hypertherm powermax 85. Using Mach 3.

My table worked perfectly 3 days ago. I tried to get it to run but the torch would not fire.

I have good air, new consumables (tried multiple sets). When I attempt to manually fire it from Mach 3 I can hear a click coming from the torch head. No air and no spark.

I have made a jumper on the back of hypertherm on ports 3 and 4. The torch fired and ran just like it should.

I am stumped as to what's wrong. Any help is Greatly Appreciated. Thank you!!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wright CNC table... Cant get torch to fire.

Post by acourtjester »

First off I would look at the wiring from the plug on the Hyperterm to your controller. With Mach 3 you should be able to fire the torch by clicking on F5 on the keyboard or there is a box on the program page in the middle of the page, you can click on to fire the torch too,Click again to turn off the torch. This is the trigger pin for the torch fire.
fire torch.JPG
fire torch2.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I would suspect the torch control cable may have a faulty connection. Unplug the cable from both ends, clean/blow out the connectors/plugs, and reconnect the cable to see if this helps.
David
Pcustomsteel19
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Pcustomsteel19 »

I have checked and cleaned all connections. When I click on (Torch on/off F5) the light comes on above the button and there is a clicking sound from torch head. But no fire.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

This is from the Hypertherm site

Your torch does not fire. You pull the trigger and…nothing. If this happens to you there are a couple of likely culprits. The first culprit is the retaining cap. It may be screwed on too tightly. The solution? Loosen it. See, we told you this was easy! If that doesn’t fix the problem, then there could be something wrong with the consumables inside your torch. You could have loaded the wrong ones or assembled the parts in the wrong order. Remove the consumables from your torch, take everything apart, and carefully reassemble, making sure to match all the part numbers with the numbers shown on the top of the machine. If your torch still doesn’t fire, then it’s probably time to place a call to our technical service team, but before you do that, there is one last thing you can do; try plugging in and using another torch. This likely won’t fix your problem but it will help our technical service team more quickly diagnose the issue.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:55 pm This is from the Hypertherm site

Your torch does not fire. You pull the trigger and…nothing. If this happens to you there are a couple of likely culprits. The first culprit is the retaining cap. It may be screwed on too tightly. The solution? Loosen it. See, we told you this was easy! If that doesn’t fix the problem, then there could be something wrong with the consumables inside your torch. You could have loaded the wrong ones or assembled the parts in the wrong order. Remove the consumables from your torch, take everything apart, and carefully reassemble, making sure to match all the part numbers with the numbers shown on the top of the machine. If your torch still doesn’t fire, then it’s probably time to place a call to our technical service team, but before you do that, there is one last thing you can do; try plugging in and using another torch. This likely won’t fix your problem but it will help our technical service team more quickly diagnose the issue.
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
All Sierra Metal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by All Sierra Metal »

im kinda having the same problem. when my torch (f-5) is enabled the gantry freaks out and motors fight each other . help please!!
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

You'll need to give us a little more information. What kind of plasma cutter, what kind of controller, operating program, etc. Right now it sounds like a noise problem.
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

WyoGreen wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:05 pm You'll need to give us a little more information. What kind of plasma cutter, what kind of controller, operating program, etc. Right now it sounds like a noise problem.
I will second that. We need more specific information to try to help you.
David
Sicmetals23
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Sicmetals23 »

All Sierra Metal wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:59 pm im kinda having the same problem. when my torch (f-5) is enabled the gantry freaks out and motors fight each other . help please!!
Did you ever figure this problem out with the Wright cnc? Mine I doing the same thing, I have been over everything, checked everything and cannot figure this out.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”