Langumir systems?

Langmuir Crossfire, Crossfire Pro, Crossfire XR plasma table discussion forum
Browndog
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Langumir systems?

Post by Browndog »

Has anyone tried one of these? Seems incredibly cheap. I did a search for them on here and nothing came up?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Langumir systems?

Post by acourtjester »

There are a fair number of members here that have one, you should get a reply soon from one or more. There are a lot of YouTube videos about them too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
jmersereau
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jmersereau »

I have the Pro and it's great. Any specific questions let me know. They have an awesome support forum... https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/
Jim
PrimeWeld CUT60
Langmuir CrossFire Pro
LightBurn, SheetCAM, FireControl
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG
Browndog
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Browndog »

I ordered mine about a month ago I'm expecting it sometime next month and the excitement is killing me. In the meantime I've been making room in the garage and getting everything set up. I think the first real cut after the test cuts will be a sign for the shop!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Browndog wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:40 am I ordered mine about a month ago I'm expecting it sometime next month and the excitement is killing me. In the meantime I've been making room in the garage and getting everything set up. I think the first real cut after the test cuts will be a sign for the shop!
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
Wsidr1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Wsidr1 »

i ordered the Corssfire Pro last week. Per the website and confirmation email, delivery is "July". I hope that means early July.... and 2021, not 2022! :HaHa Langmuir is discounting their price by $250 due to the shipping delay.

I need to get the Windows updated on the laptop I plan to use. Win 7 will not run Autodesk software. Need minimum of Win 8.
Like someone above said, I am going to get my garage area setup, read, get my software ready/learn to use, then wait.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Wsidr1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:42 am Win 7 will not run Autodesk software. Need minimum of Win 8.
Not true! I run Autodesk Fusion 360 on several Widows 7 computers with no problems whatsoever. But since Windows 7 and 8 are no longer supported by Microsoft, Windows 10 is recommend as the safest way to use Fusion 360 (or any other internet based programs).
David
Blackslacks
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Blackslacks »

I use Windows 7 and run Autocad 2012, Autocad 2020, AutoCad Inventor Professional 2020 and Solidworks with no problem. Don't use Fusion 360 though.
Wsidr1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Wsidr1 »

Blackslacks wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 pm I use Windows 7 and run Autocad 2012, Autocad 2020, AutoCad Inventor Professional 2020 and Solidworks with no problem. Don't use Fusion 360 though.
Yeah, Autodesk website says minimum of Win 8.1. Thanks for the suggestions, but I bought Win10 yesterday.

I have two laptops and both have Win7, so I figured getting Fusion setup on one of them was a good excuse to upgrade to Win10. If all goes well with install, the Dell Latitude will get 10. It will move to the garage full time when I get my cutting table.
ctgolfer1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ctgolfer1 »

I have had the Crossfire XL for about 2 years now, one of the best tools I have ever bought. To be fair I did not buy it to make a living off of, I bought it to do a job that it did very well and now it is just a toy that I use once or twice a week. I spent around $5000
(Machine included) to build many unique stainless signs that would have cost $30,000 to have built. Now I cut parts for the farm and race parts for various teams but I do not charge anyone for it.
I had absolutely no cad/cam experience and I was able to teach myself all of it thanks to the great forum Langmuir has.
I have never contacted Langmuir for any parts or help, the machine just keeps cutting for me.
There are no nasty software update fees like most machines hit you with so once you own it that is it. I would buy another in a minute if I needed to. If I were going to do plasma for a living I would buy their new Pro machine as the small,inexpensive Xl machine is light duty but does everything it is intended to do.
Good luck man, it is a great.machine.
Last edited by ctgolfer1 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ctgolfer1 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:43 pm I have had the Crossfire XL for about 2 years now, one of the best tools I have ever bought. To be fair I did not buy it to make a living off of, I bought it to do a job that it did very well and now it is just a toy that I use once or twice a week. I spent around $5000
(Machine included) to build many unique stainless signs that would have cost $30,000 to have built. Now I cut parts for the farm and race parts for various teams but I do not charge anyone for it.
I had absolutely no cad/cam experience and I was able to teach myself all of it thanks to the great forum Langmuir has.
I have never contacted Langmuir with for any parts or help, the machine just keeps cutting for me.
There are no nasty software update fees like most machines hit you with so once you own it that is it. I would buy another in a minute if I needed to. If I were going to do plasma for a living I would buy their new Pro machine as the small,inexpensive Xl machine is light duty but does everything it is intended to do.
Good luck man, it is a great.machine.
I am very happy to hear that! I have several friends who purchased the original Crossfire several years ago and they are very happy with their machines. Langmuir also has some good Fusion 360 tutorials which I would highly recommend to anyone just starting out and wanting to learn/use Fusion 360.
David
Glstiles
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Glstiles »

Does anyone have experience with the Langmuir Sustems Crossfire XR 4x8 table? It has the computer bundle, z axis, and torch height built in. Its a good price but if I am considering buying my first table I need to be sure that it is a good brand. Anything would be helpful, particularly pertaining to this table model!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Glstiles wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:45 am Does anyone have experience with the Langmuir Sustems Crossfire XR 4x8 table? It has the computer bundle, z axis, and torch height built in. Its a good price but if I am considering buying my first table I need to be sure that it is a good brand. Anything would be helpful, particularly pertaining to this table model!
This is a pretty new system. I have not heard of any reviews nor do I know anyone who owns this table. I have heard many positive things about the Crossfire Pro, and Langmuir in general. At $6495 with free shipping, and including motion control software, computer, monitor, thc, water table, and torch mount this seems like a pretty decent price for what you are getting. What plasma cutter are you planning to use? Is this for general hobby use or are you planning to start a business? For me personally, I don't do a lot of larger parts - so a 4x4 is fine for me and takes up less room in the shop.

What other tables are you considering? How do the features and pricing compare with the Langmuir?

David
Glstiles
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Glstiles »

adbuch wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:03 am
Glstiles wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:45 am Does anyone have experience with the Langmuir Sustems Crossfire XR 4x8 table? It has the computer bundle, z axis, and torch height built in. Its a good price but if I am considering buying my first table I need to be sure that it is a good brand. Anything would be helpful, particularly pertaining to this table model!
This is a pretty new system. I have not heard of any reviews nor do I know anyone who owns this table. I have heard many positive things about the Crossfire Pro, and Langmuir in general. At $6495 with free shipping, and including motion control software, computer, monitor, thc, water table, and torch mount this seems like a pretty decent price for what you are getting. What plasma cutter are you planning to use? Is this for general hobby use or are you planning to start a business? For me personally, I don't do a lot of larger parts - so a 4x4 is fine for me and takes up less room in the shop.

What other tables are you considering? How do the features and pricing compare with the Langmuir?

David
I dont know what plasma cutter I would be using, most likely the most powerful one they have. Im good at designing custom signs and smaller stuff, even specific parts and I was wanting to get into making some of these things and selling them to friends, farmers, shops, etc. I just need a table since I have no access to the one i used in high school. We have a big shop so we could fit the 4x8, but I would most likely choose this one for efficiency and also because that package includes more than the Langmuir 4x4 table.

Another things is that I do not know what other tables to consider. I dont have much experience with other brands besides torchmate and their tables are way too expensive. Would you recommend any other brands? For $8500 after shipping, with motion sensor, and 8x4 table, and the software included it seems like one of the best deals I have found. That also worries me because I do not want to be buying something crappy. Anymore advice on brands, setup, software etc?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Glstiles wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:18 pm

I dont know what plasma cutter I would be using, most likely the most powerful one they have. Im good at designing custom signs and smaller stuff, even specific parts and I was wanting to get into making some of these things and selling them to friends, farmers, shops, etc. I just need a table since I have no access to the one i used in high school. We have a big shop so we could fit the 4x8, but I would most likely choose this one for efficiency and also because that package includes more than the Langmuir 4x4 table.

Another things is that I do not know what other tables to consider. I dont have much experience with other brands besides torchmate and their tables are way too expensive. Would you recommend any other brands? For $8500 after shipping, with motion sensor, and 8x4 table, and the software included it seems like one of the best deals I have found. That also worries me because I do not want to be buying something crappy. Anymore advice on brands, setup, software etc?
The only other brand I would recommend is Plasmacam. The Plasmacam DHC2 with controller, control software, and torch mount is $7998 plus shipping. Add $998 for torch height control (monitors torch arc voltage to maintain a set cutting height). I would recommend the Hypertherm 45xp plasma cutter for cutting material up to 5/8" thick. The 45xp will also use the FineCut consumables which are great for detailed cuts in thinner material (10 ga. and thinner). The FineCuts provide a narrower kerf width, put less heat into the part - which can be very useful to prevent warping on thinner material. As I mentioned earlier, I have been using my Plasmacam DHC2 tables for about 5 years now. They work great and are very reliable. I am extremely impressed with the build quality of the table/controller and the software ease of use. I run the 45xp on one and the Hypertherm Powermax 85 on the other. Feel free to PM me if you want more in-depth information about the Plasmacam tables.
David
Wsidr1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Wsidr1 »

I have received most of my components for my Pro I ordered in early June. I am wondering how many of you have yours on casters. I really need to be able to move it occasionally, so it's just a matter of how, not if, I mount them.

On my welding table, I made a subframe for the casters and mounted them about an 1" lower than the leveling legs, so I can still use the levelers to raise the table up and the casters are then off the floor. I could use this approach.

I was hoping someone would show pics of their caster mounting strategy, or someone who just eliminated the levelers and went straight casters could tell if that worked out okay or not.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I have put casters on all the tables I built both 4X4 and 4X8, some were lockable type. On some I put leveling feet too, not all.
new frame 4X8 (1).JPG
2 tables 4x4 and new 4x8.JPG
DSCN2576.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
punksable
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by punksable »

I've been running a Crossfire pro since March of 2020, mine was a first batch. It was my first table and I have had no issues with it. Firecontrol that they use is simple and easy. I just put my deposit down on the Crossfire xr a week ago. Whatever questions I had they were there every time I needed them. It was my first plasma table and I have learned so much since then and 6 months ago I saw I needed a bigger table and started shopping around and then when I saw the xr I had no problems putting the deposit down on one.

One thing I like is the xr already comes with the thc included. Great company to buy from!!
Wsidr1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Wsidr1 »

acourtjester wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:37 pm I have put casters on all the tables I built both 4X4 and 4X8, some were lockable type. On some I put leveling feet too, not all.
new frame 4X8 (1).JPG
2 tables 4x4 and new 4x8.JPG
DSCN2576.JPG
Thank you for the reply and the great pics.

I like how you mounted the levelers out to the side and kept the casters directly under the leg. I think I will try that approach.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I use a 3/4" coupling nut and threaded rod with a standard nut welded on the top end for turning.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Squatchemup
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Squatchemup »

Yes I purchased one of these after years of dreaming of one, I must say it was a great purchase especially if you compare the pricing. Only draw back I ordered the small one not knowing what I was getting into. So my cut space is small, but other than that I can do anything they can do but smaller l
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

First step having the equipment then learning how to use it, you can grow after that. There is a market for used tables, sell and buy bigger as you see fit.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Squatchemup wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:54 am Yes I purchased one of these after years of dreaming of one, I must say it was a great purchase especially if you compare the pricing. Only draw back I ordered the small one not knowing what I was getting into. So my cut space is small, but other than that I can do anything they can do but smaller l
I know several folks who purchased the Crossfire when it first came out several years ago. I think the initial price was well under $1500. They are very happy with their machines and have cut lots of brackets and other mechanical parts. As Tom mentioned, some of these table have a pretty good resale value - so if and when you decide to upgrade you will come out OK. Plus you can probably learn just as much about cnc with the small table as you would with the larger one. So this is a good inexpensive way to "get your feet wet".

David

Return to “Langmuir Crossfire Forum”