Tracker CNC ProTable Not Cutting square

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Weldint
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Tracker CNC ProTable Not Cutting square

Post by Weldint »

I have the above table and use it for processing material for practice coupons and an occasional "artsy" project for welding students. I recently had a student that wanted to draw a box in Fusion260 and cut it on the plasma table. The lids would not fit. I tried a test cut on a 10"x10 square and the difference in diagonal measurements is almost 1/4".

Does anyone know how to adjust this machine and get it back cutting a little closer to square?

I have messaged their support but I am pretty sure we are out of the warranty period as this had set idle for the most part until I got here 3 years ago.

Thanks

Gerald Austin

Greeneville TN
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Tracker CNC ProTable Not Cutting square

Post by acourtjester »

There are 2 things that can cause this problem, one the table out of square, and the steps per inch setting is off. I would check the steps per first, to do this you move the X axis from a mark on the table by about 3" (G1 X3 f60) then check to see if it did move that exact amount. This is actual distance moved not what shows in the DROs. If not you need to do the calibrations for the X travel. Next repeat this for the Y axis and check. I do this 3 time for each axis with moving to a longer distance each time, The longer distance shows the smaller errors better
To check the table out of square you will need to have a large flat surface to mark on. this is so you can measure 3 distances on the surface. You have a start position marked, the have the X axis move 4 feet and mark it then the Y axis move 3 feet, and mark it. Now you measure to be sure they did move that amount. To check the square you measure from the X start and the Y end marks and you should have 5 feet. If not the table is out of square, if you have 2 motors and home limits that can be off.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Those tables are fairly basic, no DRO's, no setup adjustment capability, etc. This is by design to keep it simple for the end user but is limiting in some ways.

Your setup will have physical stops at the Y0 end of the table and you can manually jog your gantry into those stops and when both the left and right side of the gantry has hit those stops your gantry should be square to the table.

Drive your gantry to those stops and then re-cut your square. If your cut part is still out of square your gantry is not square to the table and you can adjust those physical stops until it is.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by TJS »

Acourt. Awsome method. 3,4,5 triangle.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »