Tru Cut Z axis goes down and wont stop.

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
wisnersigns
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Tru Cut Z axis goes down and wont stop.

Post by wisnersigns »

hello, I have a Tru Cut Plasma table and a thermal dynamics cutter running on MACH 3. when i enter start program the machine moves where its supposed to however, when it goes down to reference the material it doesnt stop diving. and Mach isnt showing contact. i can stop the operation, z up, and hit torch and start and it will take off and go, but it will not do it on its own. any help or insight would definitely be appreciated.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Z axis goes down and wont stop.

Post by weldguy »

Does it use ohmic clip or touch and retract with a limit switch of some kind?
wisnersigns
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Tru Cut Z axis goes down and wont stop.

Post by wisnersigns »

It uses touch and retract, it goes down to touch and doesn’t stop trying to go down
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Sounds like it isn't making contact to the material. Perhaps check the wiring on your ohmic cap.
David
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

wisnersigns wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:53 pm It uses touch and retract, it goes down to touch and doesn’t stop trying to go down
Locate the limit switch in the torch lifter for the touch and retract system and verify it is be depressed when the torch bottoms out on the material. If the switch is being depressed when the torch bottoms out then check the operation of the switch, maybe it is worn out and no longer closes the circuit.
arnegrant
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by arnegrant »

It isn't clear from the responses if it is a limit switch or a ground system, to me.

If it is ground, and it isnt the ohmic clip - sometimes the table needs a better ground in this case (run a ground wire from a conduit to the table frame and a wire from the plasma cutter ground to the table frame and a.line from the control system ground to the table frame)

Limit switch touch and retract you see what needs done in the comments above

Good luck

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”