"No Main Arc" Icnc controller

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Johns351c
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

"No Main Arc" Icnc controller

Post by Johns351c »

What is the main cause for a "no main arc" error?
I am at my wits end with this machine.
I am having to reset my cut 60-100 times per sheet of steel. it is non stop babysitting this machine. I keep getting "no main arc" message.

I have a Wescott plasma table with a ICNC controller. Wescott has not been real good about helping me figure this out either.
we are cutting a bunch of 1/2" sheets of steel. I'm hoping I just don't know how to adjust this properly but I cant seam to find any fixes for it.
The cuts seams like it is doing just fine and then it stops out of nowhere.

any help is more than greatly appreciated.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: "No Main Arc" Icnc controller

Post by adbuch »

Hi John,
If your machine is monitoring the arc voltage to maintain cut height (assuming you have this feature - automatic torch height control) then perhaps you have a poor or intermittent connection between your controller and the plasma cutter (the wires that are used for measuring the arc voltage in an attempt to maintain your preset cutting height). Can you disable your THC and run "open loop"? If so I would try this to see if it eliminates the error message. If it does, then take a look at your connections between controller and plasma cutter to make sure that they are adequate.
David
Johns351c
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Johns351c »

If I turn my speed below 95% it disables the THC. I still get the errors constantly with the THC disabled.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

John,
Have you tried reloading the control software onto you computer? Perhaps it has been corrupted.
David
justindp2006
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by justindp2006 »

Johns351c wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:29 am If I turn my speed below 95% it disables the THC. I still get the errors constantly with the THC disabled.
John, have you got this problem solved?

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”