Machine will pierce but not cut

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Ananki cnc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Machine will pierce but not cut

Post by Ananki cnc »

Hello guys am having the same problem.. my machine pierces but does not cut.. It seem to flame out as soon as it pierce.. Av tried increasing the
Air no luck
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Machine will pierce but not cut

Post by adbuch »

Ananki cnc wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:11 am Hello guys am having the same problem.. my machine pierces but does not cut.. It seem to flame out as soon as it pierce.. Av tried increasing the
Air no luck
More information please. What kind of table, cutter, material thickness, consumables, and you cut settings for pierce height, cut height, pierce delay, cutting speed, amp setting. Was you table cutting fine at one time, and now there is a problem - or is this a new table to you and you are just starting out to try to figure out how to use it?

David
Ananki cnc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ananki cnc »

Hello David sorry for taking long dint realize someone had already offered help.. Thanks again.. Am a very frustrated person.. Am this close to getting this plasma working and yet so far.. I can get the machine cutting but it won't complete the cuts the flame cuts out half way.. Always at the same point..
IMG_20221209_185743.jpg
IMG_20221209_185730_BURST003.jpg
IMG_20221209_184523.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Ananki cnc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ananki cnc »

The machine av built it myself.. Used a mach 3 ethernet board.. Used a relay to switch the plasma.. Am not sure if my gcode are the problem.. Ill post the gcode used... from the code I can see m5 happening before the machine can move to the end.. So cuts out..
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Please post your gcode so we can have a look. What post processor are you using?
Ananki cnc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ananki cnc »

Hey there everybody so I figured the problem.. I reduced the air below 4bar and the flame would not cut out.. But am still having trouble with my thc..

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”