A-60 repair difficultly

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
BAR M
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

A-60 repair difficultly

Post by BAR M »

I bought this A-60 about 2 yrs ago. I am told by TD that is is still under warranty. About 2 mos ago, it just quit working, so I called TD in Tx and they said take it to an approved repair shop, which I did. It has been in the shop over 5 weeks. When I call to check progress, they are always waiting for parts. So far, most pc bds have been replaced and today I was told that now the A-60 needs new transformers. The shop said they are trying to talk TD into replacing the entire machine, mine being a lemon. I am a very small shop, making products to sell at area craft shows. I have had to cancel 2 shows due to lack of product. I am just so frustrated, this being my livelihood.
Thank you for "listening" to my rant. Bob
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: A-60 repair difficultly

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Bob,

Have you shared the rant with TD and confirmed the b/o on parts?
BAR M

Re: A-60 repair difficultly

Post by BAR M »

Howdy SegoMan,

I did indeed talk with customer service and they readily agreed with the service tech that the the system should be replaced. Also, trying to avoid a situation like this in the future, on 26 Jun, I ordered another A-60, to have a back-up. That unit is also on back order. Now, on 12 Jul, I am still without a plasma torch.

Thank you, Bob

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”