Cutmaster 60i

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Cutmaster 60i

Post by pgilley »

Anyone have accurate location of J609 connector and pins 3 and 4 for connecting torch for plasma table. A photo location would be great. It would seem that Esab would wire a connector for cnc use in their machines. New to this type equipment. Sure would appreciate any help.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cutmaster 60i

Post by plasmanewbie »

Don't have a pic but I believe its the only 18 pin unused jumper block on the board so should be fairly easy to identify. If you need divided voltage you may want to look into the automation interface for it from Thermal Dynamics/Esab, it comes in the A series plasma units but not yours. C&CNC has one available also I believe.
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by pgilley »

Found the J609 connector but do not see any method to determine terminal #3 and #4 from the 18 terminals on the connector.
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Does this help? Looks like some go to ground and some are empty so this should help you to determine the pins you need with a little testing.
J609.PNG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by pgilley »

plasmanewbie wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 pm Does this help? Looks like some go to ground and some are empty so this should help you to determine the pins you need with a little testing.

J609.PNG
ESAB tech claims that if I connect to #3 and #4 terminals on the J609 connector for cnc relay that 60i should work. Connected to these terminals and torch will start but arc will not stop with relay until power is removed from 60i or relay wires are disconnected. I am using a Cutmaster 52 on the same cnc plasma table and it works great connected to the trigger start/stop switch which I assume is the same as #3 and #4 terminals. Any suggestions/help appreciated.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”