Cutmaster 60i

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Cutmaster 60i

Post by pgilley »

I ordered the 9-8308 interface module that ESAB/TD tech said was necessary for the 60i to operate on a cnc plasma table. Received the module but no external connector and cable. If the module is required it would seem that a connector and cable would be included. I assume this is just one more way to sell parts. Does anyone have a parts list that would have the connector/cable listed ? I checked the owners manual but no parts list that I see.
I am beginning to understand why there are so many negative comments about ESAB/Thermal Dynamics. This experience has taught me some things that I will remember when I need other equipment.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Cutmaster 60i

Post by Rodw »

What you've experienced is not really their fault. You ordered a part which they delivered. They have a separate part for the interconnect cable which you didn't order. Its a very nice cable but its bound to be expensive. My supplier gave me one with the machine I bought

But all is not lost. The connector used is available from rs components and element 14. But you need to take care as you need to buy the plug, the backshell and the pins. So start here and find all the other matching bits.
https://au.element14.com/amp-te-connect ... 5-00001622
Sorry, but i made a mistake so I don't have all of the part numbers.

The cable I was given only had a connector at one end and I was going to put another socket on my control box but I stuffed up the parts so I just put a cable gland in the control box and hard wired that end.

The pins are meant to be crimped on but you can solder them. The crimping tool is expensive! My guys said they'd crimp them on if I took my cable back.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”