Cutmaster 60i

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Cutmaster 60i

Post by pgilley »

Hoping that Jim Colt will comment on the following. I have a Basic 4X4 cnc plasma table, built by Eagle Plasma in Arkansas, and am currently using a Cutmaster 52 plasma cutter with the table. Cutter does a fairly good job except the duty cycle shuts down at times. I purchased a new TD 60i and cannot get it to work with my table. TD technician has not been able to determine why the 60i will not operate with this table. I am considering returning the 60i and would like to know if Jim Colt thinks that a Powermax 65 would work with my system. I do not use a torch height control at present, only start and stop for cutting dxf files.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cutmaster 60i

Post by plasmanewbie »

I doubt Jim will see your post in this forum. I don't see any reason why the Pmax 65 wouldn't work great and if for some reason it does not I am sure they will find out why for you unless it a problem with your machine controller. Its surprising that your 60i won't work properly, especially without THC, that's as basic as it gets!
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by pgilley »

I don't understand why the 60i will not work either. The Cutmaster 52 I am using works great as to arc start and stop as it should. The ESAB/Thermal Dynamics tech has not been able to explain why the 60i will not work either. I feel there is a glitch in the 60i but no one seems to agree. I even bought the 9-8308 interface module and the 7-3447 connector that the ESAB tech said I needed. Still makes no difference. It seems that I will need to return the 60i to the seller. I imagine that is going to be "fun".
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

My three different 60i works the same as my cutmaster 101/151/A-120/52/82, Hypertherm 45 XP 65 did on my table. I still think it your control box.. (IMO)

I sold two off, because I bought them for a song. Great unit, but what do I know?
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by pgilley »

I understand your thought on the problem but cannot understand why the cnc control box works great with the Cutmaster 52 that I am using. The owner of the plasma table company is adamant that the control box is good. Just thinking there may be a flaw/defect in the 60i.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

It is basic closing contacts. I would hook up a standard remote for a track torch, and cycle it through that way. A Hypertherm contactor box will plug right in to your cpc. Maybe there is a flaw in your 60i but not in the three I had.. Worked just like all the others.. from real esab to hypertherm machines..I used a few different candcnc control boxes, and the factory table one. Never one issue with start..You have not messed with any torch trigger things, not needed with Thermal machines..
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The interface as far as the start signal is concerned is identical between the 60i and the 65, same plug and receptacle, same pins. Does not make sense why the 60i does not work. Note....this same thing was posted in the Hypertherm section, and I responded last week. Jim Colt

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”