CutMaster 42 Questions

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Jay Gadsby
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

CutMaster 42 Questions

Post by Jay Gadsby »

Hey all, I saw a thread farther down the line and and have read it a couple times. But now I am going to start another one :) I am about to pull the trigger on a Delusional Designs table for personal use. The table comes with a Proma SD THC on a floating head and has the capability of using the hand torch I am told. My questions are

1) What is required to make the CM42 work with the Proma SD? Adapters? Custom wiring? A miracle?

2) For the life of me I cannot find a "cut chart" for the 42... what do you guys that use this cutter use for input for all the parameters?

Sorry for the new guy style questions. I am new to setting up a table, but have some experience with the operations. I am no expert, but would definitely love to learn as much as I can! Thank you all for reading!
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CutMaster 42 Questions

Post by weldguy »

I am not familiar wit the Proma THC SD however it looks like a straight forward install regardless of what plasma cutter you choose to use. As for the cut chart I cannot find one either in which case use the CM A40 charts as a starting point and tweak things from there. A40 charts can be found here https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=167 Best of luck!
Jay Gadsby
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: CutMaster 42 Questions

Post by Jay Gadsby »

Thank you for the cut chart, at least from a consumable stand point. They look fairly similar.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”