TD A80 fault code 70

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
luub18
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

TD A80 fault code 70

Post by luub18 »

I have a baileigh industrial 48AH-W plasma table with a thermal dynamics cutmaster A80 plasma machine. I have not yet got a run on this machine because as soon as I start up the machine, I have a fault indicator at the 70 psi mark. I have checked, tightened and replaced the consumables, and I am getting the proper power coming out of the breaker box. Wondering if anyone had any luck with other fixes on this fault? Thanks.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: TD A80 fault code 70

Post by weldguy »

Error 70 is the Parts in Place switch. This means the consumables are likley not installed properly. You will see and small push button switch at the base of the torch and the retaining cap that screws on must screw on far enough to push this switch in. This tells the system that the parts are in place properly. Double check the manual for proper installation of consumables and proper consumable combination. Maybe you have a shield on the retaining cap that shouldn't be there.
luub18
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by luub18 »

Turns out the wires for my PIP switch had come out of the crimp connectors in the torch. Senses the surface just fine now
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Ah ya, I have seen that many times. Often happens if the retaining cap is over tightened because next time you go to remove the retaining cap it unscrews the 2 halves of the torch body and twists the wires inside. Glad you got it fixed!

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”