ESAB Vision T5 (Anc55) CAD/CAM Post and Questions

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
lkristof
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

ESAB Vision T5 (Anc55) CAD/CAM Post and Questions

Post by lkristof »

Good day, everyone!

This is my first post here. We have an ESAB plasma cutter (iSeries 400A machine), with a Vision T5 (Anc55) control system, and I recently began using Autodesk Inventor to do my nesting, and I'm actively looking for a CAM/Nesting software alternative for ESAB's Columbus as it just doesn't work for our workflow.

My main issue right now is that I can't find a postprocessor for this NC anywhere. Does anyone have any information on this controller?
I've tried reverse engineering the code and writing converters between ESSI and G-code but right now it's a bodge and I'm pretty much thinking about scrapping the whole project.

Any help finding a postprocessor, or any tips, tricks and workflow advice, and software recommendations are welcome. Basically any information that could be helpful in finding a way to do the nesting and export the program directly without having to use the machine's built in DXF-parser.

Thank you in advance and best regards!
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: ESAB Vision T5 (Anc55) CAD/CAM Post and Questions

Post by djreiswig »

Maybe try contacting Les at sheetcam. He may have a post processor for that system, of could tell you if it is possible to create one.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Phill7even
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: ESAB Vision T5 (Anc55) CAD/CAM Post and Questions

Post by Phill7even »

Do you have any G code files already saved on the ANC55. If you do then I don't see why reverse engineering would fail. In case you decide scrapping it then I might have a client that might be interested in buying the ANC55 control system.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”