3D model enlargement?

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Buckmaster1967
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

3D model enlargement?

Post by Buckmaster1967 »

Hello,
Purchased 3D models from Makecnc. Built a 7ft Dinosaur and a 5ft skeleton, and Eagle using 1/8" metal. The DXF files came with 3 sizes for 10 gauge metal. I used the large size in each. Everything worked out fine. The turkey DXF files came in one size, about 7.5" high 3D model, with slots for 10 gauge metal. I want to build a 24" 3D Turkey. Their calculator allows you to scale the DXF a certain amount to adjust for metal thickness, but that effects the entire DXF file. Once I stretch the DXF Turkey out to the size I want,Do I have to go in and adjust each slot in the DXF back to 10 gauge, or is there a better way?
skelto.jpg
eagel.jpg
dino.jpg
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 3D model enlargement?

Post by djreiswig »

Nice projects.

That's how I would do it. Draw a slot the correct width and drop it on top of the old slot and extend the edges to meet the new slot.
Or you could probably offset the sides of the old slot a certain amount and then trim and extend to clean up.
I'm interested to learn if there is an easier way as well.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Looking good! :Like

Adjusting the slot after scaling is the only way I know to do this. My method for decreasing the size of slots is to draw a rectangle to the dimensions of the new slot. Next I pop a guideline in the center of the old slot and place the new slot in position. Once there I break the nodes on the outer edge of the slot, remove the unwanted piece and then connect the new one in by breaking and then joining the nodes. When increasing the slot size I have an "X or Weld" feature I can use to cut them in faster.
Buckmaster1967
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Buckmaster1967 »

Thanks guys. No magic, just butt time.

Return to “Inkscape”