Best way to screen shot a image?

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Metal and Wood Customz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Best way to screen shot a image?

Post by Metal and Wood Customz »

Good Morning. I am having trouble importing great quality pictures I find online to import to inkscape. When I import and trace bitmap, there are alot of deformities and I am having to edit the nodes. I usually find and save the good black/white silhouttes with over 1000x1000 pixels but after I convert the image there are alot of deformites and errors.

I usually save the image as Save As. I tried the snipping tool but it looks worst when I use it.

Any suggestions?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Best way to screen shot a image?

Post by acourtjester »

You may look at additional software to clean up the images before importing them into Inkscape. I use software that came with my digital camera, it has ways to change the brightness, contrast, hue/saturation,sharpness, and color. And also the Paint program to be able to isolate sections of an image, to remove things I don't need or want. There are other programs to manipulate the image data before moving to inkscape. There ae software package that allow you to remove the background to isolate only the sections you want to work with. In inkscape I like to work with the image in a line format where I remove the fill function to a thin stroke. This allows me to see and remove much of the background details I don't need (cluter). Other member may use different software to do similar things to clean up an image. Many programs have the ability to back out of things you do, so play with different things to see what happens. If not what you want just hit the undo button, You can do this many time, not just once. Or just don't save the changes to the original or make copies with a number in the name so you have a few originals that you can use.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Metal and Wood Customz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Metal and Wood Customz »

Thank you for your input!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Metal and Wood Customz wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:51 pm Good Morning. I am having trouble importing great quality pictures I find online to import to inkscape. When I import and trace bitmap, there are alot of deformities and I am having to edit the nodes. I usually find and save the good black/white silhouttes with over 1000x1000 pixels but after I convert the image there are alot of deformites and errors.

I usually save the image as Save As. I tried the snipping tool but it looks worst when I use it.

Any suggestions?
I just saw this now, so sorry for my late response. I generally use Paint.net first to convert to black and white and adjust brightness/contrast and sometime also to resize image before saving as in jpeg format. Let me see if I can find an example.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

beer mugs 1.jpg
beer mugs 1.jpg (83.42 KiB) Viewed 380 times
beer mugs 2.jpg
beer mugs 3.jpg
beer mugs 4.jpg
beer mugs 5.jpg