Inkscape break apart problem

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Inkscape break apart problem

Post by adbuch »

Patriot Steel MIA??
Last edited by adbuch on Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

adbuch wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:32 am Patriot Steel MIA??
can't get a word in edgeways with your replies?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Robert Spark,
My responses and those from Tom and others were not put forth in any attempt to diminish your skills and/or knowledge pertaining to Inkscape, LightBurn, or any other cad/cam programs. While we understand that since you could not successfully convert the file for the OP, you suggested that he retype the lettering using the font you referenced, but there is more than one way to "skin a cat" - so to speak. My "replies" were intended to show the OP how to successfully create the file he was after using rudimentary computer skills pertaining to Inkscape and associated programs. Some are here to learn, some to teach, and others to criticize. If the OP successfully created his project using your suggestion, then great! If he does return and read this post and learn another approach, then so much the better.

David
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

some people just want the answer

I was actually referring to the sheer number of your replies 17 I think I've counted in about 4 days in one thread

if you took the time to read the OPs first post you'll see that he had 2 problems, could not convert it, and could not identify the font. I had a go at converting it to see if I could do it quickly and failed, so I gave him the other answer.

he didn't have any interest in learning how to convert it.

plus having the font would probably be more useful as it would be a clean vector every time as there was nothing image wise in the logo "ODD LOGIC BREWING COMPANY". plus the owner of the business would probably find it useful. could then make beer mats and other corporate merchandise (tat) as needed.

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33689&start=25#p209016
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

robertspark wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:59 amI was actually referring to the sheer number of your replies 17 I think I've counted in about 4 days in one thread
I've too have noticed adbuch is quite active on the forum. Must be trying to fill in that 6th star.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I think many here think of it as helping other and not a competition, the stars could just reflect the time on the site.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

some of the tips that come through are really good, and it would probably be more beneficial in my opinion that if they were put in 1 or a series of "learning to ...." or "learning inkscape / lightburn / gimp / Corel draw / etc " threads.

that way users could just refer forum users who want to learn to them or a specific one. key words "want to learn".

some guys just want to be given (spoon fed?) the answer. I normally don't engage unless I'm bored or having a break from doing something else and need to clear my brain from what I was working on previous. I don't dedicate much time as generally I don't have much, plus I'm using it for my own benefit (see if I can do it in a few min / or test something I've been doing elsewhere or earlier + set / clear and reset from doing my paid work).

it's not a competition, but a forum full of single posts with "thanks" / :Like :Like :Like / other such pat's on the back just fills it up with needless posts..... just for the sake of it.

sure it's nice to get a pat on the back, but that should really come from the OP asking the question not others approving of someone's answer.

the file sharing etiquette rule 10 is useful to remember.
https://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15315

I appreciate that a ) I'm not a moderator b) have absolutely no interest in being one c) this will probably touch a nerve as I'm sure it's emotive, but this forum has been a great , no REALLY great! source of info for plasma cutting, tips, tricks and how tools and also the place to show off your work of those things you think Wow! (3d printing, laser cutting, all related to CNC / plasma and how to adapt and extent the tables capability.

I also feel probably a bit sorry for some of the guys and ladies who used to do conversion work for a fee for those that "just wanted the answer"..... hence I've never attempted to just do everything that arrives (I'm not at all talented anyway so absolutely no risk there).

but there are people like Ben, Julie and Dave that maybe some of these conversion requests should be sent to.... especially if they have no interest to learn and it's a job for them, and a job that they want to just get out the door.

contact details at the bottom of the "conversion requests rules and etiquette"

https://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=27175

I know David has a business, but so does Ben Julie and Dave too.... (I have no financial or otherwise interest), but it's just a suggestion that maybe people just want the answer and should be referred to those people who also have supported the forum with many many free artwork posts and I know have provided tips and help to me occasionally.

it's not about competition or who can do XYZ quicker or better, sometimes it needs in my opinion about keeping this forum a great source of info for plasma cutting and also files etc.

I'll now go and hide behind my rock and await the flak
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

:Like :Like :Like
:HaHa
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:49 pm I think many here think of it as helping other and not a competition, the stars could just reflect the time on the site.
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like

Return to “Inkscape”