Tracing a Polaris 9r for DXF

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
RRM customs
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Tracing a Polaris 9r for DXF

Post by RRM customs »

does anyone happen to have a side profile dxf or some of the new Polaris 9r 2023/2024 snowmachine
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: does anyone happen a dxf Polaris 9r

Post by Joe Jones »

Perhaps someone will draw this for you.

Joe
POLARIS 9R JPG.jpg
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

RRM customs wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:28 pm does anyone happen to have a side profile dxf or some of the new Polaris 9r 2023/2024 snowmachine
There are many similar files here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Polaris ... efox-b-1-d

Perhaps you can find one that will work for you. Maybe modify it to suit your needs.

David
snow machine.jpg
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

RRM customs wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:28 pm does anyone happen to have a side profile dxf or some of the new Polaris 9r 2023/2024 snowmachine
You asked for help with some mud flaps about a week ago, but we never heard back from you. Were you able to use the file I provided?
What design software, if any, are you familiar with or attempting to learn? Many here use Inkscape - free to download and use.

For the snow machine you asked about - if you are just looking for a basic outline then you could open the one provided above with Paint.net, adjust to black and white and change the contrast to achieve something like this.
snow machine 1.jpg
Then save as jpeg and import to Inkscape.
snow machine 1.jpg
Then "Path, Trace Bitmap" to convert to vector format.
snow machine 2.jpg
snow machine 3.jpg
snow machine 4.jpg
Let us know if you have any specific questions about doing this. Be sure to show us your attempt so we can help you along as needed.

David
RRM customs
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by RRM customs »

adbuch wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:36 am
You asked for help with some mud flaps about a week ago, but we never heard back from you. Were you able to use the file I provided?
What design software, if any, are you familiar with or attempting to learn? Many here use Inkscape - free to download and use.

For the snow machine you asked about - if you are just looking for a basic outline then you could open the one provided above with Paint.net, adjust to black and white and change the contrast to achieve something like this.

snow machine 1.jpg

snow machine 1.jpg

snow machine 2.jpg
snow machine 3.jpg
snow machine 4.jpg

Let us know if you have any specific questions about doing this. Be sure to show us your attempt so we can help you along as needed.

David
hey yes thank you this actually might be useful for anything else in the future I'm going to try this out and the mud flap file I haven't tried yet but it should work just haven't cut it out yet but I appreciate your help
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

RRM customs wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:04 pm
adbuch wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:36 am

snow machine 1.jpg

snow machine 1.jpg

snow machine 2.jpg
snow machine 3.jpg
snow machine 4.jpg

David
hey yes thank you this actually might be useful for anything else in the future I'm going to try this out and the mud flap file I haven't tried yet but it should work just haven't cut it out yet but I appreciate your help
You are quite welcome! Let us know how you make out when you get around to actually cutting it. Perhaps post some photos of your finished part.

David

Return to “Inkscape”