POWDER COAT OVEN RACK

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
ColtDurr
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

POWDER COAT OVEN RACK

Post by ColtDurr »

Hola PS!

So I have been moving along with my table now for 3 weeks. 3 weeks exactly and I am completely over paint. COMPLETELY OVER IT. I am building a 4x4x5 powder coat oven powered by a mr heater LP Torpedo. I have concrete bottom floor so I learned I didnt need a bottom. This opens up the option for a rolling rack.

I was thinking how perfect and convenient it would be to have a rack on steel casters that I could pull out, hang, ground wire, Powder in the rack, and then push rack into oven, Pull out ect.

My concern is how are people stopping the metal from clanking around while moving the rack ? If I secured each piece twice, one one either end it would stop it swinging direction wise but it would still sway bottom wise . Surely im not the only one that has thought about it this ?
4'x4' Delusional Designs FREEDOM
Hypertherm 45XP
60 Gallon Cambell , Poor boy copper dryer , 5 stage MAX DRY desiccant, MICRO Guard TP
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: POWDER COAT OVEN RACK

Post by acourtjester »

It is a problem with hanging parts, the size of the parts just adds to it. where you attach supports is where no power coating is covered.
Only thing is reducing the number of parts to lessen the chance of them hitting thing while moving the rack.
Orientation the part in the direction of the rolling movement is a small help too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Move veeeeeerrrrrrry slowly :HaHa Oh ya and what AC said
ForceDesigns
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ForceDesigns »

I made a rack fairly recently with some scrap steel tubing and some left over 14 ga. It actually works pretty well. I whipped it up one night in less than an hour so that my wife could use the powder coat oven for an order of 125 Christmas ornaments followed by a second order of 75. So forgive how rough it is. Ran out of tubing to make gussets but thus far it hasn't needed them.

As it turns out, I do not have pictures of the frame. Just picture of what I use for hanging. I went ahead and uploaded the dxf for it. You'll notice the slots don't lock it in. This was on purpose. Lets you add additional pieces that have the holes or do odd ball spacing. The piece with the hole is _003. Hope that helps. Made to fit in my oven that is 3' deep x 4' wide x 5' tall. Made for 1" tubing because it is cheap as hell ($16 a stick right now).

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Home Built 4x4 CNC Plasma Table
Ethernet Smoothstepper
C25 BOB
MiniTHC
Hypertherm Powermax 45XP
Software: Mach3 and Sheetcam, Solidworks 2019 for serious design work and Inkscape for signs
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Nice rack! You have inspired me to do something similar with my oven and stop messing around with my mickey mouse setup. Thanks for the share!

Return to “Powder Coat”