new find info on powder coating

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

new find info on powder coating

Post by acourtjester »

Sniffing around on YouTube I found something I think may interest some of you. This is a neat way to coat small parts using a fluidizing method. There seems to be 2 methods, first the way I expected was a tank with air and the negative side of the power. The applies air to fluff up the powder and electrostatically change parts that were suspended attached to the positive side of the power for coating. The other way is to fluff up the powder in a container and heating the part with a heat gun suspended by a wire, then dipping it in to the powder. The heated part melts the powder to the part and it is then transferred into the powder coating oven to complete the process. I think this would be great for small parts for a 3-D wall hanger or sign. Some videos showing the heating method.

for small parts DIY build
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new find info on powder coating

Post by plasmanewbie »

Wow, super interesting to me! Appreciate you sharing this AC, I can't wait to give it a try. I machine some small parts with little nooks and crannys I can never seem to get powder into and this may just be the solution. Never even heard of this technique. Amazing :Like :Like
adbuch

Re: new find info on powder coating

Post by adbuch »

Tom - another great find! I will definitely add this one to my bookmarks for future reference.
David

Return to “Powder Coat”