Bulk Electrodes, Nozzles, sheilds for Hypertherm Powermax

Information on plasma cutting nozzles, electrodes, and other consumables.
RevvedAC
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Bulk Electrodes, Nozzles, sheilds for Hypertherm Powermax

Post by RevvedAC »

Just as an FYI for anyone with a Hypertherm Powermax 45... I was looking up replacement tips and electrodes and actually scrolled the screen down this time on the Hypertherm website and at the bottom of the page they list part numbers for bulk packs.

228844 is a 25 pack of Electrodes
228843 is a 25 pack of Nozzles
228845 is a 10 pack of Machine Shields

Happy cutting!

-Sean

Oddly enough as a follow up... I've spent a bit of time shopping the base pack prices against the bulk pack prices and the few places I've seen that carried the bulk packs it was actually cheaper to buy the 5 packs. Baker Gas had the 5 pack on sale for $35 for the 220669 ($7ea) and the 228844 was $196 for the 25 pack ($7.84 each) The bulk packs didn't come up on Ebay and Amazon had them for $200+
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Bulk Electrodes, Nozzles, sheilds for Hypertherm Powermax

Post by tnbndr »

Thanks for that info. Maybe Jim Colt can explain why buld wouldn't be cheaper???!!!1
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

the price difference is probably due to the dealers selling/stocking 4000 of the blister packs vs special order for the bulk packs
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
f_armer
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by f_armer »

http://hyper4less.com/advanced_search_r ... rds=228843
This is where I bought my bulk packs.
78 bucks for 25 nozzles
4x8 bulltear
Hypertherm pm45
Miller 252
Miller syncrowave 210
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

If the bulk packs were shown at suggested list price....the per piece price would be less than for the 5 packs (per piece) at suggested list. Dealers can sell at any price they want.....not sure how some of them stay in business at the prices I have seen!

Jim Colt

tnbndr wrote:Thanks for that info. Maybe Jim Colt can explain why buld wouldn't be cheaper???!!!1
RevvedAC
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by RevvedAC »

Another consumable question for Jim Colt....

I have a Powermax 45 and was looking at using the 30a consumables for 16g metal art work. I'm looking at the Hypertherm website and under the 30a consumables they list a standard and a fine cut. When using the Powermax 45 should I use the standard 30 or the finecut 30 consumables for this purpose?

Also... do I need to change anything else? I see a foot note where it suggests a different swirl ring but that is under the HyAccess extended tips.

and... Do they sell these 30a consumables in a bulk pack?

Jim, Thanks again for all of your help and expertise. Reading your responses to plasma cutter owners on multiple forums whether they had a Hypertherm torch or not was one of the big reasons I bought a Hypertherm. I handle my business the same way and share my knowledge with whomever needs it at the time whether they are a client or not... In the long run you find that it not only builds you a loyal clientele but it grows your reputation outside of your immediate circles which is always good for business.
RevvedAC
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by RevvedAC »

I found another thread where they have a similar discussion about using the 30a consumables on a 45 torch. Jim posted up this reference in that thread but the part numbers here don't match the part numbers I'm finding on the Hypertherm website.

Anybody have some insight? I would like to try the 30a consumables and want to make sure I buy the right parts the first time. Perhaps I will just call Hypertherm tomorrow and report back....
f_armer
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by f_armer »

RevvedAC wrote:I found another thread where they have a similar discussion about using the 30a consumables on a 45 torch. Jim posted up this reference in that thread but the part numbers here don't match the part numbers I'm finding on the Hypertherm website.

Anybody have some insight? I would like to try the 30a consumables and want to make sure I buy the right parts the first time. Perhaps I will just call Hypertherm tomorrow and report back....

I have a PM45 and I bought some 30A consumables for mine, those are the part numbers that i have.
They list them here http://www.hypertherm.com/en-us/Product ... 45.jsp?#tc
You dont need the optional deflector, just the cap,nozzle,swirl ring, and electrode.
Maybe your looking at the 30XP? They have a different torch.
Hope this helps!
4x8 bulltear
Hypertherm pm45
Miller 252
Miller syncrowave 210
RevvedAC
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by RevvedAC »

f_armer wrote: I have a PM45 and I bought some 30A consumables for mine, those are the part numbers that i have.
They list them here http://www.hypertherm.com/en-us/Product ... 45.jsp?#tc
You dont need the optional deflector, just the cap,nozzle,swirl ring, and electrode.
Maybe your looking at the 30XP? They have a different torch.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for pointing that out! I glazed right past the 30a listing on the PM45 page. I was looking at the 30XP because I couldn't find any other 30a torch. I got them ordered tonight!

Return to “Plasma Consumables”