0.8mm nozzle on IPT60 torch ?

Information on plasma cutting nozzles, electrodes, and other consumables.
WrineX
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

0.8mm nozzle on IPT60 torch ?

Post by WrineX »

Hi

I have a Primeweld CUt60S and it uses a PT60 torch, and i wondered if i can use any PT60 consumables ? since the primweld ones are 1.2mm witch is a bit to large for the small things i do. i seen some 0.8mm, and if you know of any smaller then that i would love to hear.

Like these
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32725649 ... 4c4d4VMZvB

i wondered if that should work ? and another question would my cutspeed go up or down ? i assume Up witch might be a problem but first i want to know if i am not destroying something :)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 0.8mm nozzle on IPT60 torch ?

Post by adbuch »

I see no reason not to try them, assuming they are designed for your torch. I have attached the Hypertyerm cut charts below for comparison.
The recommended cut speeds for the FineCut consumables are definitely slower than those for the equivalent material thickness using the non-FineCut consumables. So I would say to slow down your cut speed for the smaller nozzles. You will need to experiment to find the optimum settings for your particular plasma cutter/table.

David

non-FineCut - mild steel.jpg
FineCut mild steel.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

WrineX
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by WrineX »

thank you i was looking to compare those :) but you found them before me :) thats nice, it would be beneficial to me to slow down so that would be great thanks ill let everyone know how it worked when i received them.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Let us know how they work out for you. There may be others using the same machine who might benefit from your findings. Thanks!
David
WrineX
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by WrineX »

adbuch wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:34 am Let us know how they work out for you. There may be others using the same machine who might benefit from your findings. Thanks!
David
i will do for sure ! testing will commence when i got some time to set everything up again :) its messy.

but i will leave my experience here when i did !

Return to “Plasma Consumables”