Price help please?!

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
jordanpink03
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Price help please?!

Post by jordanpink03 »

Hi guys! We're new to the plasma world! Well, 1 year into it actually. We're having trouble on our prices. We will put a price on something and think "man, this is high" but in reality, if someone else were to sell it and it was something we are interested in, we'd be more than willing to pay it. Crazy how that works ;)

My main question though is, I had taken a picture of my friends truck, traced it, cut it and my dad powder coated it. I'm just curious to what any of you would charge to do this piece? It's the #InFamousNissan. Crewcab Nissan Hardbody Dually! I had gotten some of the other images (deer, fish and cabin) from a hard drive that we had bought from someone on here (thank you!) but had customized them and designed the rest. So there is definitely time put into these!

I'm adding a couple more designs and sizes to get opinions on too.

•The truck is 40"x19"
I had to cut it from 1/8 due to it being flimsy on 16g.

•Dear Camp is 16g, 36x34. It is bare with a thin sheet of wood behind it. (The "dear" is supposed to be spelled like that LOL)

•Puryears is 16g, 30x30.

•Mancave is 16g, 26x23.

Please give me your HONEST opinions and advice on what you would charge on all of them, whether they're painted or were to be left bare! Thank you everyone!

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Price help please?!

Post by tnbndr »

I cut nothing lighter than 14 gauge but usually use 12 or 10 gauge.
In order
$150 finished
$225 finished
$225 finished
$225 finished
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
jordanpink03
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jordanpink03 »

Hey, thanks! This is my first post, and I thought I never would get any replies LOL! I'm not sure how it all works or who sees it, but I appreciate your answer! Im thinking I'm gonna post this same thing on fb in the cnc page as well!
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mdwalker »

Here is an Excel Spreadsheet that I made a few years back that may help you. It uses the cost of your material, the size of the item cut, and the number of pierces and cut inches to calculate prices. Feel free to use it and/or modify it as you see fit. Hope it helps. https://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=9565
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”