signing/marking Art

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
JayG
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

signing/marking Art

Post by JayG »

This is my second outside sign project. I am designing and cutting 4 3'x6' x 12ga panels that will hang outside a cabin/home being built in the woods in SE Oklahoma. They will have nature scenes and be grouped 2 panels each, so I have a 6' x 6' "canvas". Artist usually "sign" their work. My question is this: would it be acceptable to cut my small/discrete company logo in the corner (lower RH) of each panel)? Or cut out my logo in 16 ga and tack it to the back of each panel? I think I just answered my own question, however, I would like to know how others feel about this. Thanks,Jay
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller EconoTig
Miller MIG
Lincoln MIG
Millwright Knee mill (older than me!)
LeBond Lathe (older than me!)
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: signing/marking Art

Post by plasmanewbie »

If it were me I would ask the client if they would mind the logos on their pieces. Sounds like a great project!
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

I personally never cut a logo into a panel. Had a little different approach. As my boys were working in the shop and learning the ropes I would have them "sign" their name in weld on the back side (or inside) of the panel. Preferably lower right corner where the panel attaches to the frame. Nothing super noticeable, paint/finish right over it. Never a complaint, rather judging customer feedback a unique touch that was appreciated....leaving me with the sinking feeling that money had been left on the table on more than one occasion. :lol:
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Most signs I see on commercial buildings have a small tag or sticker with the manufacturer information. Being an outdoor project, a sticker may not last long, but I would think a tiny engraved logo in an inconspicuous spot would probably be okay.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Lanemfg
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Lanemfg »

So what about just using your plasma cutter to mark your logo (marking/dimpling/gouging) into the lower RH corner?

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”