Shipping larger sizes and boxes

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
monicaFHM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Shipping larger sizes and boxes

Post by monicaFHM »

Curious if anyone has any good resources for shipping larger metal signs. I've made a 48" x 16" one that needs to be shipped, and Just not having any luck finding a box to fit. I have other stuff I offer for local pickup at 48" long but would def like to start shipping these as well. New to the shipping side of things, so any help and suggestions are appreciated :)
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Shipping larger sizes and boxes

Post by weldguy »

I have had to ship large metal signs in the past and always built a thin crate for it. Expensive to crate and ship the larger stuff safely but if the customer is willing to pay for it then all is good.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

A source for shipping materials - https://www.uline.com/Cls_04/Boxes-Corr ... lsrc=aw.ds

Dave Hanks
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

DXF wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:40 pm A source for shipping materials - https://www.uline.com/Cls_04/Boxes-Corr ... lsrc=aw.ds

Dave Hanks
Uline is great! They have a ton of stuff for business. My second favorite next to McMaster Carr
JD2 MAD 4X4
Millermatic 252 (spray)
Millermatic 190 (short circuit)
Syncrowave 210
Powermax 65
Powermax 45xp
Grizzly Vertical Mill (junk)
Baileigh BS-210M
50t Press
Shitloads of DeWalt
abmetal

Post by abmetal »

We ship flat, 14g real estate signs 2-3 times a year to different states and we laminate them with extra heavy cardboard obtained from a local body shop. Some auto body panels are shipped in BIG extra heavy cardboard boxes so I break them down and crease/fold them to fit the signs. We ship three different sizes, stretch wrap each one and lay them one on the other. With the stretch wrap they stick to one another like glue. The finished package is 37"x48" and they get shipped by FedEx or UPS. We've been doing this for several years and have never had one damaged yet. The receiving party probably cusses me when they start to open them because I hot melt, tape, and sometime staple them.

Allen
conz35
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by conz35 »

We buy supplies from Uline and just double wrap it with thicker cardboard. Ship via fedex ground. For larger wholesale orders we just ship a pallet and use a freight center for booking.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."
beerbong
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by beerbong »

It is really difficult to find a shipping box that fits to your product... I mean, I tried many many suppliers for my cosmetic shop where I mostly have different sizes of the product and adding air bubbles in the box every time means additional costs. Last month I came across one innovative solution which helps you create different size boxes with perforated cardboard grid and mobile app. Pretty good idea... I ship mostly from EU to the US and because dimensional weight is very important this product helps you avoid additional air in the box. Here is a link to their website: https://justfoldme.com

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”