Job Cost Estimating and Variables Question

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
itermn8
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Job Cost Estimating and Variables Question

Post by itermn8 »

All of you have been very helpful with sharing information with members and I want to say Thank You first of all. The shared information is valuable to my partner and I and there is a lot to look through. I have looked over a few of the pricing or cost excel files but I was wondering if someone has a more intuitive version of job cost estimating available in excel or other format? I am willing to pay a fair price to the developer for an editable copy. There are many variables involved in job estimating to charge a fair price and earn an honest and fair profit. I have a marketing background some software mostly Information Technology. My problem is I need shortcuts to getting our business off the ground as do a lot of our members. I don't have time to develop cost programs when there is a lot to learn in AutoCAD, Inkscape, MasterCAM and other software.Work smarter not harder has always worked in the past for me. I learned a lot from the United States Army way back in 1978. I'm a Cold War Vet not a Combat Vet. God bless all who gave to keep us free. I know I'm rambling but I haven't been able to contribute anything valuable to members. Thanks are necessary when leeching info from those that have put the time in to learn then to be kind enough to give it away for free. Thanks again and let me know if the help I'm looking for is available
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Job Cost Estimating and Variables Question

Post by mdwalker »

You may have already seen this one but it is the EXCEL spreadsheet I developed several years ago. If you have EXCEL experience it shouldn't be hard to modify for what you need.
CNC Plasma Price Work Sheet 04032018.xls

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
shnnnc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by shnnnc »

Am I missing something here? I was looking at and playing with your work sheet... It looks like you are pulling material cost before markup to figure per item prices. Shouldn't that be material cost after markup?
mdwalker

Post by mdwalker »

shnnnc wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:46 am Am I missing something here? I was looking at and playing with your work sheet... It looks like you are pulling material cost before markup to figure per item prices. Shouldn't that be material cost after markup?

You can edit the spreadsheet to suit your needs. You can edit the formula in column C to calculate from cost or markup. It is currently set to figure off of cost without markup. You can also edit the percent of markup.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”