Getting good images of custom designs in Cad/Cam 9

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
jwolfe
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Getting good images of custom designs in Cad/Cam 9

Post by jwolfe »

Hello everyone. I am having some trouble with my design pictures for my website. I am trying to collect the designs I have created in Cad/Cam 9 and make them images that can be used on my website. Everything I have tried has left the images pixelated and unusable. What is everyone doing to get clean images of their designs? Thank you in advance for your help!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Getting good images of custom designs in Cad/Cam 9

Post by acourtjester »

You may need to look at another design type program to get the results you want, I would look at Inkscape which has lots of flexibility in forming images in projects like yours. Many YouTube videos to give you direction.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Hi jwolf, and excellent suggestion ac!

I use TM v7.1 and make images of files everyday. Not a quick one step process (using TMcad & Inkscape) but gives me the ability to produce quality images with control on the resolution. In TM cad bring your drawing in, select the profile only, be sure the color is P1 black, click 'arrange', then 'make path'. Next step select all interior lines, change their color to P3 white, click 'arrange', then make path. Now click 'view', then 'show' fill. With the file now looking like a B&W image reduce overall size to around 7.5" or so in width and select 'file', then 'publish to PDF'. Couple of basic settings here, set as you wish. Now that we have a .pdf of the file just pull it into Inkscape, voila the drawing's now ready to save as .png. If you need a white background as I often do just draw it to size so the image fits neatly centered inside, set opacity and resolution as needed. Last step click 'Export As' and your done.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

I use Corel Draw and it does a good job but Inkscape is free.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

A quick, down and dirty way to get a picture of your part is to first show your part as big as you can on the screen, next open Snipping tool and capture a screen save of your part and save it as a PNG. Then if you want to you can load it into Paint and colorize it.

step 1.PNG

Larry

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”