Realllly cheap Plasma CNC table

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Realllly cheap Plasma CNC table

Post by acourtjester »

Found this today slogging through the tall grass on YouTube, really basic and cheap Plasma table by a guy in the UK :Like :Like

Another one very different for the US
http://dacsgarage.com/
Both small but useable as basic starter units video for the second one
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Re: Realllly cheap Plasma CNC table

Post by adbuch »

Thanks for pointing these out Tom! It's always very interesting to see what the creative folks come up with.
David
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Interesting vids, thanks AC
glchambers
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by glchambers »

I have the one from Dac's Garage. Only 16x16 but you can put it in the middle of a sheet to cut. It's perfect to take with you on the job for small cuts.

Another one to check out is https://jdsgarage.bigcartel.com/ It's a clone of the Langmuire Crossfire table. I'm in the process of building one of these now.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

glchambers wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:07 am I have the one from Dac's Garage. Only 16x16 but you can put it in the middle of a sheet to cut. It's perfect to take with you on the job for small cuts.

Another one to check out is https://jdsgarage.bigcartel.com/ It's a clone of the Langmuire Crossfire table. I'm in the process of building one of these now.
Welcome to the forum! There was a post a few months back about the one from Dac's Garage here on the forum. I think it was Tom who posted a video link. The designer is a very creative fellow. The one from jdsgarage looks interesting, although as he says it is intended for very, very light hobby work. Be sure to share some photos of your build.
Thanks,
David

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

these look like a stepping stone to something bigger, like the dirt tracker ending up a the Indy 500 :HaHa :HaHa
Make some coins from your buddies and move up the ladder. I started with a small table using the plasma from a multi unit and ended up building 9 tables. Put some nice coins in my pocket, and some Hypertherm PM65 on a few tables that went out the door. :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:30 pm these look like a stepping stone to something bigger, like the dirt tracker ending up a the Indy 500 :HaHa :HaHa
Make some coins from your buddies and move up the ladder. I started with a small table using the plasma from a multi unit and ended up building 9 tables. Put some nice coins in my pocket, and some Hypertherm PM65 on a few tables that went out the door. :Like

So this is sort of like the "poor man's" cnc plasma table. And at a very reasonable cost. I think that's pretty neat to be able to get it out to do a particular job, and then "fold it up" and put back in the box for storage. For very occasional cutting for the home hobbyist - I think this would be just great! The designer/builder did a great job with this.

David
portable cnc.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”