Arclight Dynamics CNC controller stuck in "hold" advice ?

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
Stickman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Arclight Dynamics CNC controller stuck in "hold" advice ?

Post by Stickman »

I have a ArcLight Dynamics 5X5 Table and have been very happy until today. Powered it up and the CNC controller is stuck in "hold" even when powered up with all motors and inputs disconnected. Has anyone encountered this and have a few troubleshooting tips? The CNC controller works with Command CNC.

Appreciate all that may help.
BanksAg
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Arclight Dynamics CNC controller stuck in "hold" advice ?

Post by BanksAg »

I haven't run into that problem, but if you haven't already figured it out, give them a call. Their tech support is awesome!
Tim Eggleston
Banks High School
Banks, OR

Arc Pro 4800
PowerMax 45XP
Mach 3, SheetCam
Inkscape, Rhino 3D
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Motion hold? As in the HOLD LED is on on the DTHC Module? (red LED) Of you cannot get it to power up the motors (power supply fault?)
liamlrb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by liamlrb »

The "Hold" is done for communication from the 4 port hub communications. The commands are on hold until the status is returned. It sometimes times out. Working through this problem with arclight right now. things I have checked. Ethernet cable, shielding the plasma unit from the computer. Not sure whats causing this yet
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

I depends if you are actually getting a HOLD indication or if its ESTOP. Hold is sent as a logic signal (Not RS485) from the DTHC if it fails to get an ARC OK signal from the plasma BUT if it on all of the time then the HOLD input is either locked on or th3e polarity is set wrong in the configuration.You can see that input signal in Diagnostics / Input Status second row of LEDS at the bottom. If its ON you will get a HOLD condition< no motion . The 4 port hub doe snot exert a HOLD. It sends a Watch Dog signal to the DTHC that says "hey , im here and talking" and the DTHC will not fire the torch unless it has that signal FROM the 4 Port hub,
Arclight Dynamics Tech
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Arclight Dynamics Tech »

Edit: I see this post is from over a year ago. Other customers: please give us a call with any issues we are here to help :Like

Ok let's run through a quick diagnosis:
  • Turn your plasma cutter off, and close out of all programs on the computer.
  • Open the CommandCNC Plasma program
  • Release the "ESTOP" button
  • Open the control cabinet front door, and look at the controller. Is this light lit up?
Delta 3 rj45 left torch fire led.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”