Feedback from Arclight users please

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Feedback from Arclight users please

Post by bigcreek »

I am looking into buying a new table and am looking at the Arclight brand. I currently have a 5x10 Sampson but am not completely happy with a couple things about it. It has cut a lot of metal for me and done a good job for the most part, but I don't like its angle iron frame. On the end where I load plate it literally has a slight bow in it. Not good. I don't like how the Sampson (Plasmacam) 5x10 is basically made up of two sections bolted together. I would much rather have a static single welded frame. Where the gear racks come together in the center of the table you can hear the gantry running across the mismatched gear racks which of course you see in your cut metal. Ive messed with it many times but have been unable to get it to run totally smooth. I do like the DesignEdge software though. That is the one thing holding me back from purchasing a different table. I really, really don't want to have to take the time to learn a new software. I will if I have to though.
So to those of you who have the table was the software fairly easy to learn, or quite difficult? My problem is I literally have no time to spend weeks trying to learn a new program. Ive read all over that the customer service is second to none. That is worth a ton. Also does the torch height control work really good, or more on the mediocre side? If I purchase from them I would likely get the arcmax 5x10. I will call the company and ask questions, but nothing is worth more than feedback from real life users. So anything you have to say good and bad Id love to hear it.
Thank you,
Josh Foster
Big Creek Metal Works
Weiser, ID
Rigo956
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Feedback from Arclight users please

Post by Rigo956 »

Im the same position as you and am interested actual customers thanks for the post
cdecker14
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cdecker14 »

I just put in an arc pro 4 x 8 table a few weeks ago, and was able to go pick my table up so I received a half a day training on it. I would recommend it if you can swing it. there has been almost no learning curve, the software is easy to use. Good news is the only software you have to use is sheet cam and command cnc, if you have a cad software you prefer you can use it. the torch height control is legit, have not had to mess with it at all and it works flawlessly. I would but this table 100 times over.
blucllrplt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by blucllrplt »

I built my own table but use Sheetcam and Command CandC which is what I believe Arclight uses. There is a learning curve but if you start from the beginning and cut some test pieces you can pick it up quickly. I had to tune my Command CandC per the manual for the digital torch height control and it works well. I'm using Command's Super Z torch and like the touch off feature vs. the ohmic sensing. I also like the breakaway torch setup. I was having a problem and disabled the breakaway switch. Torch dove into the metal and before I could stop it, the bottom broke off the torch. I've since had the torch dive due to my errors and with the breakaway it stops immediately.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. I have decided to get the Arclight table after reading many reviews and watching youtube videos. I look forward to it.
BITTERROOT BRASS
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BITTERROOT BRASS »

BIG CREEK WHAT DID YOU END UP GOING WITH? I AM IN THE PROCESS OF PULLING THE TRIGGER ON ARCHLIGHT MAX 4X8 OR 5X10 AND LOOKING FOR ANY RECOMMENDATIONS? I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND A BAD REVIEW FOR ARCHLIGHT AT ALL. JUST DOING MY DUE DILIGENCE.

THANKS, STEVE
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Bitterroot Brass I have decided on the 6x12 table but have not placed the order yet. Not necessarily waiting for anything, just haven't got around to doing it. Soon though... Ya I literally have scoured the internet and have found zero negative reviews. Actually not even mediocre reviews, I think all were glowing.
cutting$burning
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutting$burning »

bigcreek wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:19 am Bitterroot Brass I have decided on the 6x12 table but have not placed the order yet. Not necessarily waiting for anything, just haven't got around to doing it. Soon though... Ya I literally have scoured the internet and have found zero negative reviews. Actually not even mediocre reviews, I think all were glowing.
Hey Josh, I was wondering if you checked out B&B Systems in McCall ID? I know at one time you talked about going to look at their tables. I'm curious what you thought of their machines and why you decided against one? By the way I never installed the gates you made for 38 special in Utah but I installed a new fence up to them on both sides when I was in the fencing business a few years ago, Nice Work! Thanks D
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

I do like the DesignEdge software though.
Josh:
Don't know how I missed this post but I came across it today. When I was researching tables I was down to Arclight or LDR, both good choices. I went LDR as the wait was shorter as was the drive to pick it up.
Are you going to sell your table? If not why not just keep using the DesignEdge, export as dxf, import into Sheetcam and go from there.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

cutting$burning that's awesome you worked on that project! I did stop by the B&B Systems in McCall and really liked the tables, like a lot, but the biggest they make is 4x8 and that isn't big enough for me. If they made a 5x10 Id do it but they told me they weren't set up to build them that size. I liked their water tank and bladder set up. Real sturdy table.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

tnbndr, hey Dennis I do have two seats for the DesignEdge software and figured on doing that exact thing. I will keep one of the seats for design work if or until I get the other software figured out well. And when I sell my Sampson table the other DesignEdge seat will go with it. The Arclight tables are built only about 4 hours from me so that is handy.
Arcliye hb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Arcliye hb »

I got an arcmax 5x10 in the end of December. Its my first table so i cant say how it compares to other tables. But i can say so far its been amazing. Had it set up in less than half a day. Software is straight forward and easy to use. and the gantry amd motors are robust. Absolutley nothing aboit the table seems janky or flimsy. Ive cut 1" plate to 10g. And its worked great.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Thanks for the feedback. I have one of their tables on order, should be ready in around 7 weeks.

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”