Newbie Help

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
Hunters 4x4
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newbie Help

Post by Hunters 4x4 »

I recently got a Arclight table and we are building brackets and tabs for off-road vehicles. The problem we are running into is our logo and how we can cut it out at this point I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out how to make the logo so I can cut it into some of our parts and I am just frustrated. We own the rights to this logo and I would love if someone would be willing to show me how to convert it into a cut able file. I understand it needs to be a dxf but it does not convert well and just makes an unreadable mess on the table.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Newbie Help

Post by beefy »

You say you've spent a considerable amount of time trying to make the logo. Do you mean doing a basic vector trace, or am I on the wrong page. As far as cutting the logo into some of your parts, "HUNTERS 4X4" is just about ready to go as an internal cut, so I'm not understanding what the problem is. Perhaps show what you've already tried so someone can advise.

The logo you've shown is about as simple as it gets, and yet despite its low resolution I got a reasonable auto-trace (does your software have auto-trace).

So what vector drawing software are you using to do that. No one can help without even knowing what you are using to trace your image.

What instructional materials have you viewed on the subject - written, Youtube, etc.

If you are really in a bind and need something drawing fast, contact Ben de Lappe on this forum. He does conversions as his livelihood and has reasonable rates:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2646
www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByDeLap
https://www.facebook.com/designs.by.delap
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
CleanCutCreations
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by CleanCutCreations »

Hunters 4x4 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:46 pm I recently got a Arclight table and we are building brackets and tabs for off-road vehicles. The problem we are running into is our logo and how we can cut it out at this point I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out how to make the logo so I can cut it into some of our parts and I am just frustrated. We own the rights to this logo and I would love if someone would be willing to show me how to convert it into a cut able file. I understand it needs to be a dxf but it does not convert well and just makes an unreadable mess on the table.
Is this what you need?

Hunters 4x4
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Hunters 4x4 »

beefy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:58 pm You say you've spent a considerable amount of time trying to make the logo. Do you mean doing a basic vector trace, or am I on the wrong page. As far as cutting the logo into some of your parts, "HUNTERS 4X4" is just about ready to go as an internal cut, so I'm not understanding what the problem is. Perhaps show what you've already tried so someone can advise.

The logo you've shown is about as simple as it gets, and yet despite its low resolution I got a reasonable auto-trace (does your software have auto-trace).

So what vector drawing software are you using to do that. No one can help without even knowing what you are using to trace your image.

What instructional materials have you viewed on the subject - written, Youtube, etc.

If you are really in a bind and need something drawing fast, contact Ben de Lappe on this forum. He does conversions as his livelihood and has reasonable rates:

https://www.plasmaspider.com/memberlist ... ile&u=2646
www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByDeLap
https://www.facebook.com/designs.by.delap

I'm using qcad and the auto trace is not working it comes out all different lines and points it wants to cut. I've watched youtube and some of the guys in the shop went to arc lights class when they picked it up. We are definitely still learning we have the brackets down but getting lettering to work is the problem.
Hunters 4x4
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Hunters 4x4 »

IMG_3109.jpg
CleanCutCreations wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:57 am
Hunters 4x4 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:46 pm I recently got a Arclight table and we are building brackets and tabs for off-road vehicles. The problem we are running into is our logo and how we can cut it out at this point I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out how to make the logo so I can cut it into some of our parts and I am just frustrated. We own the rights to this logo and I would love if someone would be willing to show me how to convert it into a cut able file. I understand it needs to be a dxf but it does not convert well and just makes an unreadable mess on the table.
Is this what you need?
YES! That isn't cuttable as it is but that is what I needed to modify it! Thank you so much!

steel 35
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by steel 35 »

The best place to learn for me was Arc light plasma's videos, I dont even own one; and I use (Inkscape) its free & lot's do.
Watched the you tubes over and over stoping to taking notes.
Zoom in with sheetcam and it will save lots of boo boos
PPL HDG 4X8
Hyp 65 duramax's
C&CNC 620-5 Ethernet
Inkscape, Solid Edge, Sheetcam, Autocad 2K
Corel X7 Student NO DXF!
EasyScriber
CleanCutCreations
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by CleanCutCreations »

Hunters 4x4 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:49 pm IMG_3109.jpg
CleanCutCreations wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:57 am
Is this what you need?
YES! That isn't cuttable as it is but that is what I needed to modify it! Thank you so much!
No problem at all! Let me know if you need any more help in the future!

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”