NEW have bobcad and nc editor and baliegh plasma

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Wes11293
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

NEW have bobcad and nc editor and baliegh plasma

Post by Wes11293 »

As the description says I have bobcad, nc editor , and baliegh plasma table. I also have a thumb drive that I was trying to use once I build the jobs bobcat then create my NC code from NC editor once saving it to the thumb drive I transfer it to the plasma table and it shows the scale is way off about 1000 more than it does when I’m building it my question is how do I get the scaling right on bobcat for the plasma table I’m new to this I’m just trying to figure it out but I don’t understand how I can build on bobcad get my measurement correct in inches and then when I put it on the machine doesn’t even recognize it because it’s so out of scale
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NEW have bobcad and nc editor and baliegh plasma

Post by Larry83301 »

Check the settings on your machine, sounds like it's reading in metric and you're creating it in inches. Settings should be in manual for the machine.

Larry
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NEW have bobcad and nc editor and baliegh plasma

Post by adbuch »

I agree with Larry. If the file was saved as mm and opened in the other software in inches, then you drawing would typically be oversize by a factor of approximately 25.4 (1" = 25.4mm). I'm not sure how it could be off by a factor of 1000, unless it was saved as 1/1000" units and imported as inches. In that case you would be off by a factor of 1000. But I have never heard of that scenario. The mm to inches is quite common when saving in one program and opening with another.

David

Return to “BobCAD”